Join now - be part of our community!

KDL40NX713 - Refresh internet content not working

profile.country.en_GB.title
markalroberts
Visitor

KDL40NX713 - Refresh internet content not working

Hello, I've had this screen for less than a week now, and am having problems refreshing my internet content (and therefore cannot access any streamed TV/Widgets etc.)

I'm using the built-in wireless, and have configured it against my router fine - it says it has 4 bars of signal strength and passes the network connection test fine.

However, when I refresh content, it connects, authenticates, and starts getting content - about 1-2 minutes later it tells me that it's got the content and I should press "home" to view it... however, when I do, it doesn't a have any content.

I've tried fiddling with my wireless router settings, and have tried it against both a 2.4gHz (mixed B/G/N) and 5hGz (N only) connection, but I just can't seem to get it to work. I've also turned the TV on and off again (via the switch on the side)

The really weird think is, that it did manage to get the content once! Since then I have upgraded the firmware (not sure if that's related) - updated via USB with sony_tvupdate_2010_0532_eus_.zip (which now oddly shows as PKG5.034EUS-0108 not PKG5.032EUS-0108, as suggested in the help, in my system settings)

Anyone had similar problems?
Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
pstamber
Visitor

I have the same TV but not the same problem. I get the content, fine, and can play it no problem. The issue I have is that the content seems to need refreshing each and every time I switch the TV on. I am about to ask the forum if that's normal but thought I would empathise with the issues you're seeing because they are rather aggravating when you have spent all that money.

flintst0ne
New

Hi,

I have the KDL-40NX703 and I more often than not have to refresh the Internet content as well, which initially fails.  I then have to reset my wireless interface, so that it learns a new IP address and then I can refresh the Internet content.  My TV is turned off every night, so should learn a new IP address when turned on?

CheerZ

markalroberts
Visitor

I was able to get it to refresh by resetting (up arrow on controller + turn off screen on side switch).

This meant I had to go through setting it all up again, but it did at least allow me to refresh my content.

I'm not very impressed with the Sony firmware - the Samsung that I had had much better firmware. However it also had a bad case of LED light bleed so I returned it :slight_frown:

flintst0ne
New

Hi,

On my wireless router I was able to 'fix' the DHCP IP address to the MAC address on the wireless card on the TV and implement QoS.  I will let you know what affect that has on the issue we are seeing?  If that fails, I was then going to manually assign an IP address to the wireless card on the TV.

CheerZ

markalroberts
Visitor

I tried static IP... didn't seem to help - only resetting helped.

I guess I haven't yet tried resetting followed by static IP. Guess I could try that.

Not bothered about QoS - TV is welcome to take all my bnadwidth. If only it would!

Catmambo
Contributor

Have you tried connecteding via Ethernet temporarily - this might bump start things and then populate the content list?

Thanks