Join now - be part of our community!

KDL40WE663

profile.country.GB.title
patonthenetuk
New

KDL40WE663

so is this tv so old there is no more support?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi, welcome to the Sony Community :slight_smile:

The TV may be out of warranty but there is always support, either here in the Community or via the dedicated Support page for that model. There appears to be a recent (Feb 2018) firware update there, which suggests Sony are still actively supporting it. 

Do you have a specific issue that needs addressing?

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
patonthenetuk
New

Thanks, only just bought TV, comes with 5 years warranty. However I'm hopeful I can sort the problem and not return it.

1, while using dlna just like other Sony TV's they won't play all formats, so I'm use to converting movies into a format that has always worked on old TV

On this TV if I try to play a movie via dlna that the TV don't like it locks up the TV, only a power off at wall to clear problem, and it resets TV back to day one install

So even though I'm using a MP4 that's been used on old TV, it don't warn it can't play it, just locks TV up. I can never know what format will work.

2, set up favourites, but each time I press guide it lists all stations, many more presses to get back to favourite list only

That's it, I use a movie converting program, but even though the output is selected as Sony TV, it's a hit or miss that it will play it or crash

All movies still play fine on old tv