Join now - be part of our community!

KDL42W653a - Motionflow setting disappeared!

SOLVED
adam_cr

KDL42W653a - Motionflow setting disappeared!

HELP!

I bought myself a KDL42W653a last week and, initially, was very impressed. The first night I popped on a DVD, fiddled with the settings and found one for 'motionflow' which made the display look super fluid. At the same time, I also changed a setting for audio delay (in ms) because the audio became slightly out of sync with the picture.

Since that night, however, both options have disappeared. The image played from the DVD player is now back to 'normal' and absolutely nothing I change can get the 'motionflow' setting back. I've noticed that a number of people on the net have asked why the motionflow setting is not included on this model (despite it being a Motionflow "00hz TV!) but trust me, IT WAS THERE! It made a wonderful difference to the quality of films and now I'm pretty annoyed that it has gone. Has an erroneous system update since the night I plugged in the TV perhaps removed the option?

If anyone could help me I'd be really grateful... including Sony officials. 

148 REPLIES 148
JackBarber

The most interesting part is "for the benefit of the community". In fact, my petition has been created especially in that way. So if my links are removed, it is pretty much obstruction to the benefit of the community. 

The solicitation could be what I am posting, but the examples beneath are about "advertising" content.

All I want is Sony to answer clearly why there is no Motionflow on the W6 set and to make a firmware to actually have it. I won't stop, Sony is playing a dangerous game fooling its consumers.

profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

Hi everyone,

Sony want to reiterate that there has never been a Motionflow option on the W6 settings menu. The term ‘Motionflow’ refers to a range of technologies and features that are designed to improve motion blur on the television, including the feature available on the W6, “LED Motion Mode”.

The Advertising Standards Association have been in touch with Sony to discuss the use of this term in advertising the W6, and they are entirely happy with the use of this term and do not feel it is false advertising in any way. Sony feel that this matter is closed.

JackBarber

Motionflow 100Hz on 2006 TV was better than every setting with Motionflow 200Hz so stop saying that this matter is closed. It is not, the image is very bad, there is no image interpolation at all.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Bon soir JackBarber.

Drewde has clearly reported what Son'y position is in this matter.

Please read it again.

If Sony feels the matter is closed then for right or wrong you can bet it IS closed.

I understand your frustration, this is mainly a user based Community where we have all  needed help with something. However, you have again reposted a link to your petition despite being asked not to on several occasions, which will also not help the situation.

As for threatening to reappear with different accounts etc, there really is no need for that.

My advice is if you really don't like your TV (and if it is relatively new etc.) why not try returning it?

simone.incelli
Explorer

Sorry Drewde, but i don't think you are telling the truth.
If your theory is fine, explaine why the main User(that created this topic) says that MOTIONFLOW SETTING DISAPPEARED.

Explaine why the feature is identically described for W6,W8,W9. WORDS ARE THE SAME. THE SAME.

THIS IS FALSE ADVERTISING.ALL SONY'S TVs WITH MOTIONFLOW HAVE ITS MANAGEMENT MENU EXCEPT THE W6 series. 

I was VERY DISAPPOINTED AND STEALED WITH FALSE ADVERTISING.
SONY BE ASHAMED.

simone.incelli
Explorer

The worst thing is that I HAD TO BE STEALED beacuse of inefficiency of the marketing. I think I will address the association of consumers.
Stay tuned, Sony :wink:

necrocrypt

I think the best thing would be for Drewde to show us the response from the advertising agency, saying that they are on Sony's side regarding the terms used. The trading standards rep i spoke to, felt that it was a clear case of misinformation or what he called "bait advertising". Also, i clicked the me too link to see what it was, only to find that i had agreed to something that i don't. How do i delete or reverse this. There really should be an explanation so people know that this is what it does. Thanks.

stealthinde

@Drewde wrote:

Hi everyone,

Sony want to reiterate that there has never been a Motionflow option on the W6 settings menu. The term ‘Motionflow’ refers to a range of technologies and features that are designed to improve motion blur on the television, including the feature available on the W6, “LED Motion Mode”.

The Advertising Standards Association have been in touch with Sony to discuss the use of this term in advertising the W6, and they are entirely happy with the use of this term and do not feel it is false advertising in any way. Sony feel that this matter is closed.

Oh c'mon Drewde - there is no "improve of motion blur" on this TV at the moment and that "LED Motion Mode" is just useless.

When I will see smooth images comparable to 200Hz I will stop to "reiterate" my requests and I will thank Sony.

.. but please, stop fooling with us customers.

JackBarber2
Explorer

My petition reached 112 signatures, the Claim Service is being informed and I am ready to transmit it to consumer associations if the answer is not helpful.

<Message edited by Community Manager>

Commutity managers this is ENOUGH !!! I did not put the link to my petition in my message but it is still edited !

<Message edited by Community Manager> Stop trying to censure me it doesn't work and it is against the benefit of the community !

necrocrypt

What's hilarious, is that they are now essentially editing their own forum infrastructure. "we will give the forum users the tools to privately message each other but will edited any attempt to use them". Then expect us to be prescient when they change the forum rules on a whim. Smart move. Every independent review that i have read on the W6 has been unable to find anything remotely similar to Motionflow. Then there is the panel lottery that people are experiencing with the W6. In another area of the" internet", where the W6 is discussed heavily. There are reports of people now on their 5th and 6th W6 due to banding, DSE and dead pixels. In fact one member of this other area of the "internet" is now on their 10th W6. Just be honest with us Sony. You'll probably find that most people just want you to go, "yes we messed up" or "we realised that no one would buy the W8/9 series if the W6 had all the same feature".