Join now - be part of our community!

KDL42W653a - Motionflow setting disappeared!

SOLVED
adam_cr

KDL42W653a - Motionflow setting disappeared!

HELP!

I bought myself a KDL42W653a last week and, initially, was very impressed. The first night I popped on a DVD, fiddled with the settings and found one for 'motionflow' which made the display look super fluid. At the same time, I also changed a setting for audio delay (in ms) because the audio became slightly out of sync with the picture.

Since that night, however, both options have disappeared. The image played from the DVD player is now back to 'normal' and absolutely nothing I change can get the 'motionflow' setting back. I've noticed that a number of people on the net have asked why the motionflow setting is not included on this model (despite it being a Motionflow "00hz TV!) but trust me, IT WAS THERE! It made a wonderful difference to the quality of films and now I'm pretty annoyed that it has gone. Has an erroneous system update since the night I plugged in the TV perhaps removed the option?

If anyone could help me I'd be really grateful... including Sony officials. 

148 REPLIES 148
profile.country.GB.title
CHRIS1066

Hi on this Amazon advert it makes a point the set has 200Hz motionflow. Now I don`t know if it was an over statement by Amazon advertisers or Sony, but it does seem to weigh evidence to the claim many people are making that they once had software control. They state the set has " Motionflow" - Reduces blur and smooths movement and it`s at 200Hz.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-KDL42W653-42-inch-WidescreenFreeview-Smart/dp/B00BV6411Q

I firmly believe Sony should make a firm statement and clear the confusion!! It`s not doing there brand any favours with so much bad publicity on this community forum.

stealthinde

@CHRIS1066 wrote:

Hi on this Amazon advert it makes a point the set has 200Hz motionflow. Now I don`t know if it was an over statement by Amazon advertisers or Sony, but it does seem to weigh evidence to the claim many people are making that they once had software control. They state the set has " Motionflow" - Reduces blur and smooths movement and it`s at 200Hz.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-KDL42W653-42-inch-WidescreenFreeview-Smart/dp/B00BV6411Q

I firmly believe Sony should make a firm statement and clear the confusion!! It`s not doing there brand any favours with so much bad publicity on this community forum.

(just to up-to-date you on the discussion, sorry for my english)

The thing is that the TV has MotionFlow, the "proof" is the first post of this Thread.

@The issue is that (as Sony says) is enabled automatically only with some "scenes" (enabled is a big word, as far as I know about Motion enhanced pictures un TV if this is enabled is @ veeery low amount, IMHO).

What I request (what we all request, I think) is a simple switch where we can choose the amount of MotionFlow, from nothing to "soap".

I am starting to think that sony has found some issues in the MotionFlow engine and is trying to keep it quiet.

JackBarber

I just created a petition to Sony to get the motionflow in the menu. Please sign it and share it !

[Edited by moderator to remove URL]

JackBarber

Nice ! My link has been censored. You can find the petition on the reversed [Edited by moderator to remove reversed URL]. Please sign it before all my messages are deleted just like the Motionflow setting !

I won't stop to put back the link, even if I'm banned I will create another account and put it back... Just sayin'

rik_rgz
Explorer

Big LOL they don't say nothing about the "missing" feature but to remove a link to a petition they are pretty ***** fast

JackBarber

Sony is a very "removal" business !

profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi there JackBarber,

I sent you a private message to explain that links to petitions (of any sort) are not allowed here.

Many thanks,

Pascale_F

necrocrypt

Hi. Do you mind showing us where in the rules we can't post links to petitions. Thanks.
JackBarber

Indeed, I looked at the Terms of Use & Code of Conduct and there is nothing that seems to provide petitions and surveys. If you can show me where are the terms about petitions and surveys I would be glad to read it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess you missed the big sweeping statement:

"We reserve the right to manage and moderate the community as we see fit for the benefit of the community, and we reserve the right to amend the guidelines without prior notice."

http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/Community-Guidelines/Sony-Community-Guidelines/m-p/1167490

And considering that you have been warned:

"If you break any of these guidelines, intentionally or by accident, moderators will either edit or remove your post.  Repeat offenders may be temporarily or permanently banned."

Also:

"Do not post chain letters, solicitations, pyramid schemes or advertisements. While it’s fine for users to exchange opinions and advice, the forum should not be used to promote any external products or services, nor to buy or sell anything. If you wish to promote your own website, please use the biography area of your profile to include any information you wish to share about you, but don’t use your username or your signature to advertise any commercial services."

http://www.sony.co.uk/pages/privacy/CodeOfConduct_en.html