Join now - be part of our community!

KDL42W829 so slow to start up.

TimCurtis

KDL42W829 so slow to start up.

I quite like my new Sony - the first I've had - but from switching on it takes maybe 30secs to be responsive to the remote.

I've seen other similar comments about this.

I'm going to try to hard set the IP address rather than use DHCP to see if that helps.

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately this is quite normal.  The TV is simply "booting up" like a computer.  It takes approx 15-30 seconds.

You may have seen my comment on this issue before at:

http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/delays-at-switch-on-kdl-40hx853/m-p/695856

Cheers

TimCurtis

That maybe normal for Sony smart TVs but I did have briefly a Panasonic AS650  that didn't suffer this delay.

I think this TV is going back on Monday.

profile.country.da_DK.title
Nielsen

I agree, the boot process and to be able to do simple remote control actions are not implemented well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its a shame, but ultimately you have to be happy with the product.  And that goes with any product.  Wish you all the best on whatever you decide.

Cheers

TimCurtis

Just to report that recent update(s) have improved the situation somewhat & that channel & volume changes are actioned sooner than previously, so we're getting somewhere.

ajcor25
New

@TimCurtis wrote:

I quite like my new Sony - the first I've had - but from switching on it takes maybe 30secs to be responsive to the remote.

I've seen other similar comments about this.

I'm going to try to hard set the IP address rather than use DHCP to see if that helps.

I had same problem and next time I will bay Samsung Tv because after spending 1000 pounds I think tv should start from press the button like old times tv

ajcor25
New

sorry mate but it's not a normal because FROM when I buy tv all was ok and now it's take 30 seconds or more plus I see ANDROID SIGNS LOGO