Join now - be part of our community!

Sony 65x720e (65x725e) with Sony HT-RT3 HDMI ARC audio dropouts

profile.country.GB.title
Braian87
Explorer

Sony 65x720e (65x725e) with Sony HT-RT3 HDMI ARC audio dropouts

Hi, I have a Sony KD-65x725e (same as XBR-65x720e) brand new connected with a brand new Sony HT-RT3 and the HDMI ARC worked fine, but after a while (some hours) it stops working, I have to disconnect from mains both devices for about 1 minute to get it working.

What I've tried:

-3 different HDMI high-speed good quality cables (including the originals that came with the HT-RT3 and cable provider.

-turn off the auto stand-by function of the HT-RT3

-turn back to internal tv speakers and back to audio system (HDMI-ARC) function.

-turn off just the tv

-turn off just the speakers
-disconnect from mains just the spekers.
-disconnect from mains just the tv.

-factory configuration reset (after the firmware upgrade automatically downloaded from internet the first time I plugged in the TV).

-firmware of the TV it says:  7.537-1.120-03

-I´ve downloaded: sony_tvupdate_2017_7537_bff_auth.zip but as the file name states it is the same version, so I did not tried yet.

If I manually chose audio speakers output from the TV the sound it does not go to the speakers, but when I go back to internal tv speakers it works well.
I will try an optical-cable in a few hours, but both devices are brand new without any defects it should not have this problem... The problem did not show from the first day, just started to see it the 2nd or 3rd day of usage.

Please Sony, this is really annoying... I have no problem with openning the device or try things in order to get help from your side to fix this issue, or even enter on a debug mode or something (I have a lot of knowledge of programming and some knowledge in electronics)

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

As you have tried troubleshooting, it might be best to contact support here.

Let us know how you get on.

Best wishes,

M