Join now - be part of our community!

KDL42W829B - screen mirroring with Galaxy Tab S

Nabites
Explorer

KDL42W829B - screen mirroring with Galaxy Tab S

I have just bought a KDL42W829B and can't seem to make screen mirroring work with my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5. It works perfectly with my Galaxy S3 phone. Just wondering if anyone has experienced a similar problem and if they found a solution. Everything I find online suggest buying the Allshare device, but surely it should work without this? The TV finds my device and the tablet finds the TV but screen mirroring keeps failing to connect.

Bizarrely I can watch Youtube on my TV from the tablet app but screen mirroring still refuses to connect.

Any help would be much appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

It seems it is not compatible although Galaxy Tab 4 instead works...

profile.country.GB.title
tatcan
Explorer

Hi

I have the same problem with my Samsung galaxy note 10.1 2014 Ed. Just a TV restart fixed the connection error.

TC

Nabites
Explorer

Thanks for the replies. Still can't connect via screen mirroring. Have tried turning off the TV and trying again (if that's what you mean by restart) and still nothing. Think I'll have to accept that they're incompatible. Thanks for trying.

Nabites
Explorer

Just a short follow up question. If I buy a dongle for the TV will I be able to connect then, and does anyone know which ones would be compatible? Samsung sites obviously talk up their own products like the Allshare wireless hub/homesync but I'm really not willing to spend the money on one of these.
profile.country.GB.title
tatcan
Explorer

Hi 

Maybe chromecast as it's cheap and runs your phone to the tv. Shame the phone can't do it without it.

https://www.google.co.uk/chrome/devices/chromecast/

TC

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

One last thing you may try is to switch OFF and On again the WIFIDIRECT on the TV. In this way you force the TV to reconfigure it (you may note in your network that the SSID will change) and maybe (just maybe) it will work with your S5...