Join now - be part of our community!

KDL46EX724 problem: "No signal" on HD-channels, if home theater is on.

profile.country.fi_FI.title
Jiipee785
Visitor

KDL46EX724 problem: "No signal" on HD-channels, if home theater is on.

Everything works perfectly with combination KDL46EX724  + Sony BDV-IZ1000W.

Until I turn the TV on some HD-channel. I get "No signal" after a few seconds. Every time. If I turn the home theater off, the "No signal" message disappears and I can see the HD-channels. But of course without home theater sound :slight_frown:

If I try to tune the channels while the home theater is on and connected, the television does not find any HD-channels, but finds all the other channels. If I turn the home theater off while tuning, the TV finds also HD-channels.

I can *kinda* solve the problem by NOT using ARC-port on *home theater end*, but one of two other ports + an optical sound cable. This way I can see all the TV-channels, including HD-channels, and hear the sound from home theater-system. BUT as soon as I need to watch for example a Blueray-disk, I must change the HDMI-cable back to ARC, because the other 2 ports are inly IN-ports.

Is this a known problem and does a fix exist for this?

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.fi_FI.title
Jiipee785
Visitor

Thanks. I will try that on both devices, as soon as I get back home from Christmas vacation. :slight_smile:

Ps. Merry Christmas :slight_smile:

profile.country.en_GB.title
alun71
Visitor

Hi......I have just encountered the same problem as above on my KDL-32EX723 Bravia TV and BDV-E280 Blue Ray Player.

The funny thing is, is that it was all working great until my local TV transmitter changed the channel the HD mux was transmitted on. (from 41 th 47).

I have retuned my TV - by using Auto Reset.

Everything is connected as it was before the transmitter update....to say the least I am not happy!!

Any ideas how I can solve this issue??

Many thanks

Al

Leers72
Explorer

I'm having this exact problem! did anyone ever find a solution?

I have the following:

Sony BDVEF200.CEK 2.1ch 3D Blu-Ray Disc/DVD Home Cinema

Sony KDL40EX723BU 40-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p 3D 100Hz Edge LED Internet TV with Freeview HD