Join now - be part of our community!

KDL46NX723 cannot find NETFLIX

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
dharma76
Visitor

KDL46NX723 cannot find NETFLIX

Hello,

I have looked on various clips on youtube and seen NETFLIX as an option for streaming videos, but I cannot find NETFLIX on my system Sony Bravia KDL47NX723!

I have also got Sony BDP480S and I could not find Netflix on this either!

Could anyone help me please?

Another question; is there any way to download applications or is there any other video streaming available on this model other then LoveFilm and Mubi?

Best Wishes,

Dharma

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
drhowells
New

I'm afraid Netflix is not going to be available on your TV. It is only available on the new 2012 models being released at the moment. This is due to technical reasons.

You cannot add applications to your TV. As they become available, they will appear in the list automatically.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
drhowells
New

I'm afraid Netflix is not going to be available on your TV. It is only available on the new 2012 models being released at the moment. This is due to technical reasons.

You cannot add applications to your TV. As they become available, they will appear in the list automatically.

dharma76
Visitor

Dear Drhowells,

Thank you so much for taking time to reply to my query, otherwise I would have wasted time looking for the solution on net.

Regards,

Dharma

pxwell
Visitor

Will any non 2012 models support NetFlix in the future? Can you specify which ones?

Thanks

Pete

drhowells
New

Hi, no pre 2012 model will have netflix.

profile.country.da_DK.title
AzCii1985
Visitor

It's not true what you are saying, this is NOT a technical reasons, this is a bullshit marketing reason forcing users to buy new TVs, you can be sure i have bought my last sony device if this is the general statement on this issue from Sony.

drhowells
New

Sorry, but you are wrong. Netflix used a different DRM in the UK for their launch, which requires more processing power to display their content. The 2011 and previous models could not cope with this increase. The 2012 models can. The world of SmartTVs moves very fast at the moment. It is not just Sony who had this problem.

AzCii1985
Visitor

I don't buy that, Samsungs 2011 models have no problems supporting Netflix.

Batfinkk

Right, but Panasonic, LG, Sharp, Toshiba and Sony can't as everyone uses different chipsets. Whats your point?

mcp_dk
Visitor

I read this and thought i would check this with Netflix. I called their support and they told me that they did NOT change anything in the DRM code when they launched the service in Denmark. They use the same DRM as they do in the US. So your answer regarding technical changes in DRM between US and DK is not valid.

I have a KDL-46NX723. It was bought in May 2012 but i realise that this may still be a "2011 model" in your book.

When i used Netflix via unblock-us.com my TV automatically had the Netflix app and it worked great. Now that i have switched to Danish DNS the Netflix app is no longer available. So the TV is perferctly capable of running the Netflix app and there are no changes technical cahnges in the DRM between US and DK.

1) The app is ready. It works fine on the TV

2) There is no change in the DRM between US and DK

So Sony, Get your act together and open up for the Netflix app on the TV's that supports it.