Join now - be part of our community!

KDLW653A iplayer still not working (04/14)

SOLVED
hank05
Explorer

KDLW653A iplayer still not working (04/14)

I have a 32 " KDLW653A and the iplayer app has not been working for some weeks.   I have had the TV for 8 months and it has been OK until recently.   I have tried rebooting etc but with no improvement.

The app icon does not appear and if I access through the red button it buffers and stops every 10-15 seconds - impossible to watch anything.   Netflix app works OK so it is a Sony - BBC problem.

Like all the other owners frustrated with this problem can you please get it fixed.

Thank you

Alan S

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

When the application "iPlayer" is missing altogether, this can indicate a few things - such as that the TV is not picking up that you are located in the UK.

Also there are no other reports of iPlayer NOT working on 2013 TVs (fault is on 2011 TV;s)

Try the following:

1. Reboot your ISP's router (if on Virgin - phone them up to get the connection reset as well)
  2. Ensure that your IP address is located in the UK.  On a computer goto http://www.iplocation.net/ and it should tell you.
  3. If it still doesnt work, try "Refreshing Internet Content" by pressing the [Home] button on remote control, goto Settings > Network > Refresh Internet Content.
  4. If that still doesnt work, try performing a factory reset of the TV - [Home] > Settings > System Settings > General Setup > Factory Reset

Hope that assists.

Cheers

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

When the application "iPlayer" is missing altogether, this can indicate a few things - such as that the TV is not picking up that you are located in the UK.

Also there are no other reports of iPlayer NOT working on 2013 TVs (fault is on 2011 TV;s)

Try the following:

1. Reboot your ISP's router (if on Virgin - phone them up to get the connection reset as well)
  2. Ensure that your IP address is located in the UK.  On a computer goto http://www.iplocation.net/ and it should tell you.
  3. If it still doesnt work, try "Refreshing Internet Content" by pressing the [Home] button on remote control, goto Settings > Network > Refresh Internet Content.
  4. If that still doesnt work, try performing a factory reset of the TV - [Home] > Settings > System Settings > General Setup > Factory Reset

Hope that assists.

Cheers