Join now - be part of our community!

KDW42653 SEN Wifi Stability Issues. This may help you

jakeroyd58
Explorer

KDW42653 SEN Wifi Stability Issues. This may help you

Dear All,

Ever since I have had my smart TV I have had issues with SEN , similar to many posters on this forum.

1) Incomplete loading of SEN applications.

2) Some services not working.

3) Slow loading of applications.

4) More particularly Iplayer or Youtube dropping out after maybe 5 minutes running and the TV just hanging there with a black screen.

All this goes on whilst the TV reports that the wifi connection is fine with 2 bars showing on the strength meter.

All other devices on my home network run fine with my smartphone being able to play the same file at the same distance from the router at the same time.

I wanted to see if it was the wifi which was the issue and connected the TV using the ethernet cable and homeplugs to the router.

Eureka! this works fine evrything works fine and the players do not drop out.

I then moved my router till it was very close to the TV,

Eureka , this also worked , the wifi connection is then completely stable.

So to help you all.

If you are connecting over wifi from my experience you need to make sure you have a strong signal.

The TV seems much less accepting of a medium strength signal than any of my other devices.

It seems the TV will drop the wifi connection and display a completely black screen. No user messages at all. You must then turn the TV off then on again.

Sony I suggest this is not good enough.

When in this error state the TV will still report the wifi connection is OK (using the check connection utilty)

I should say that with the router in the old position a line of sight to the TV wifi attenna would mean the signal has to go through the TV screen to get to the back of the set.

Maybe this is a problem.

Sony , what would your comments be to this opbservation.

So , get a belting signal or use ethernet seems to me would solve a lot of SEN issues.

0 REPLIES 0