Visitor

LCD

what is the difference between LCD& LED&PLASNA TV?. which is the best

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi

once again the confusion over LCD/LED rears its head!, ok let me explain best i can for you,

all LCD/LED tv's are in fact LCD screens, its the backlight that is LED and this comes in two forms, one is EDGE LED which means the edge of the LCD is lit and the other FULL ARRAY or FULL BACKLIT which means all the LED's are arranged across the whole of the rear part of the LCD display,

arguably full backlit displays are better than edge lit as it produces better black levels with its local dimming technology,

Plasma is a different ball game as the screens are made of little pockets of electrically charged ironised gas or phosphors which switch on and off at an incredibly fast rate thus giving in most cases superior pictures and motion handling.

which is better LCD or PLASMA?, well i'll leave that to the individual, i've had both a Pioneer plasma and the latest Sony and i like them both.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Bravia55HX

Hi

once again the confusion over LCD/LED rears its head!, ok let me explain best i can for you,

all LCD/LED tv's are in fact LCD screens, its the backlight that is LED and this comes in two forms, one is EDGE LED which means the edge of the LCD is lit and the other FULL ARRAY or FULL BACKLIT which means all the LED's are arranged across the whole of the rear part of the LCD display,

arguably full backlit displays are better than edge lit as it produces better black levels with its local dimming technology,

Plasma is a different ball game as the screens are made of little pockets of electrically charged ironised gas or phosphors which switch on and off at an incredibly fast rate thus giving in most cases superior pictures and motion handling.

which is better LCD or PLASMA?, well i'll leave that to the individual, i've had both a Pioneer plasma and the latest Sony and i like them both.

windos7
Visitor

THANKS for your information