Join now - be part of our community!

Screen Shadows

profile.country.en_GB.title
colbetts
Visitor

Screen Shadows

Hi guys, I am new to this so hopefully I am doing it right and I can get the advise I am loking for.

I have a Sony Bravia KDL46D3500. I brought it nearly 3 years ago. The problem I have is that I can see 2 crescent shaped shadows running down the middle if the screen. For most everyday viewing it is not too bad and barely noticeable. However when watching sport it can be quite annoying as it becomes more noticeable against a lighter background.

The set I have is actually still under guarantee as it came with a 5year guarantee. I would be grateful if someone could tell me what the problem is so that I have a little bit of knowledge on the subject before I phone up about it. Also is the problem repairable at my home? Should I expect them to want to take it away? Am I entitled to a replacementwhile they repair mine? Is it repairable at all? Any information anyone can give me would be very gratefully received.

Many thanks,

Colbetts.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

sorry to hear you have an issue with your tv, and very good to hear you have the 5 year warranty, its always hard to pinpoint any specific fault exactly unless there is a pattern with several sets at once.

my advice is to talk to your dealer from where you purchased this for further assistance, if anything he should help, however not all dealers are the same, mine on the other hand whilst awaiting a replacement of the model that is my signature was good enough to give me a loan set in the meantime, there is no guarantee you will get the same.

also it is unlikely that it will be repaired in the home due to its size and may have to be taken away.

speak to your dealer and see what he says, if he is any good at all you should get the help you need.