Join now - be part of our community!

Lines and dots appearing on TV screen

profile.country.en_GB.title
DisillusionedFan
Visitor

Lines and dots appearing on TV screen

We have a Sony Bravia KDL-40V3000 flat screen television. About 6 months ago, the screen started displaying white, green and black vertical lines and dots. This continued for a few weeks and then the picture came right again. The problem came back again this week. The entire screen is covered in the white, green and black vertical lines and dots. The picture is very bad and it is hard to make out the image. Occasionally for a short time it is better with only some small white dots showing. Does anyone know what the problem is and how much it will cost to fix? I have attached a photo of the picture.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.hr_HR.title
DamacizSi
Visitor

I will first chack connections to TV, if antena or cable, than make factory reset followed with new auto start up to see will it disapired. It could allso be panel issue, I admit, but You will see. Cost of repair can tell You in authorised Sony service centar, if You come so far, to have to go there.

Regards

Damac

profile.country.GB.title
losinj
New

Is the problem on all inputs (TV / satellite / DVD / PC / etc.), or only PC?  If all, then possibly a panel problem.

profile.country.en_GB.title
pvit1402
Visitor

hey.I don't know if it is still relevant to you, as you might have already paid a lot of money to fix your tv or maybe threw it away by now, but check my posts on ''Do all sony tvs last only 2 years?''

I posted some posts on page 8 and 10. It might help.

Cheers.