Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KDL-46X4500 LED TV Horizontal Lines Problem

profile.country.uk_UA.title
t1tusx
Visitor

Sony Bravia KDL-46X4500 LED TV Horizontal Lines Problem

Horizontal lines appeared on the LED TV Sony Bravia KDL-46X4500. They look like dotted lines and their number is increasing significantly with time.

It was a Sony's top model with LED backlighting in the year 2008.

Here is the photo of the issue:

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-iZd0U6nq04M/T_b4CbJvyLI/AAAAAAAAAcs/HjImwOSByKk/s912/IMG_0423.JPG

and also video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDTIdN6Yp00

Any thoughts what can it be?

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.en_GB.title
Batfinkk

Definitely one for your local service centre. Give them a call and they can diagnose properly.

Bravia55HX

Hi,

the panel is failing and will eventually need replacing im afraid, do you still have warranty on this set? as im guessing it will not be a cheap repair, have you tried speaking with the customer information centre, you'll find this in the support tab at the top of the page.

profile.country.uk_UA.title
t1tusx
Visitor

Thanks for the advice. 

Definitely going to visit service center. It’s a pity but warranty is already finished.

I have contacted Sony's support and they also said to go to local service for diagnostic.

Message was edited by: t1tusx

pvit1402
Visitor

Hey. I got the same tv and model. Probably for the past 4 years or so since I bought it. I had the same problem as you. It got so bad that I was about to throw the tv and buy a new one. Then I did a bit of more digging and so it looks like there are so many people around with different problems with sony tvs.

I tried one last thing. I bought a replacement board

Sony 46" LCD TV kdl-46x4500 Part 460FLC6LV0.1 (280754163438)

The company that was selling it has finished the sale already but try to buy it from USA. Just look at the picture and then look for the same image on ebay or somewhere where they sell it.

I am not engineer or electronic enthusiast and I have managed to do the repair all by myself with a help of my friend. Paid about 40 pounds for the board and the problem got fixed. Much easier than buying another 2000 pounds tv or paying 70 pounds for someone to come and have a look at the tv and then pay so much more when they try to fix it. Most shops would tell you that it is the panel which costs almost the same as a new tv. I gave this board replacement a shot and it worked. Worth the money. It had no problems with tv for about 10 months.

Unfortunatelly I started to have another problem, yealoow haze in left bottom corner. Unrelated to the problem before or the board I replaced I think. I done some digging and will order fbu board to replace for another 40 pounds and see if that is going to fix it. It shows how Sony tv's are so bad and noone should ever buy any sony tv in the future. I know I won't. But until the tv I have completely brakes, I will try to fix it for as little money as possible. Good luck. Let me know how you did.

This is the picture of my current problem with the tv:

Photo on 2012-07-17 at 02.36.jpg

BTW, the board you need  I think it's called T-CON board. It sits at the back of the screen, in the middle, at the top. It is under all the boards and pannels at the back of the tv when you take the plastic cover off. It will take you a while to get to it and have to unplug  lots of wires and unscrew a lot of boards and parts to get to it. So remember where everything goes.

Message was edited by: pvit1402

manasm
Visitor

Hi Guys,

I am seeing some barcode like line in my sony bravia kdl-40ex520. What will be problem with my TV is this Panel problem or same problem that you have mentioned above.

Here is the photo of issue

https://picasaweb.google.com/108937186669443433049/SonyBraviaLEDTVIssue?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Here is the youtube link

http://youtu.be/YzYn844nzCg

Message was edited by: manasm

forgiven1
Visitor

Hi! I hope you were able to fix your TV. I have same model & size but have probles with the outside panel of mine due to unprofessional handling. I ever, you'll like to sell yours unfixed, please let me know. Thanks.

forgiven1
Visitor

If you ever like to sell unfixed pls let me know. Min;es outside panel is battered. Cheers

pvit1402
Visitor

Hey Manasm,

I am not sure if your post was meant for me or the guy who originally posted the post.

Anyway, I got some info in my post that might help you solve your problem. So have a look. If you didn't drop the tv on the floor or hit it with something that would potentially damage the panel and the tv was working fine before, I'd say you probably should try to change the t-con board. I will be cheaper than to pay some shop to take it away and have a look at it and then try to charge you a lot of money to fix it. If your tv is out of warranty and Sony don't want to help you, you have nothing to loose. Good luck.

pvit1402
Visitor

Hi forgiven1, not sure if the post was meant for me or to the original poster of the topic.

anyway, I managed to fix my tv, yet again, so mine is still working. But good luck.