Join now - be part of our community!

Lost free view stations on a tv

SOLVED
Leonkj
Explorer

Lost free view stations on a tv

I have a kdl-40s550 through which I view pay BT vision box. Having cancelled bt I returned to my tv free view for the 1st time in some time. I did a full setup and when ofinished has no BBC channels and was also missing other such as Dave. I have gone back to the bt box which uses the same arial, lead etc and this still has all channels. The TV upstairs still has everything too so I am ruling out transmitter, roof top arial etc. can anyone help? I have also turned of for 1 min at the wall socket and then retuned still no joy
Thanks in advance
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Im a little confused here now (it happens alot :slight_smile: )

Summary:

• Downstairs TV (Sony) will not tune in some channels (multiplexes) without the BT Box
  • The BT box tunes in correctly downstairs
  • Upstairs TV (Cello) works correctly with all channels found.

First thing to do is remove the variables (ie the BT box)

1. Do you have any channels on the Sony TV in the 800 range?  If so, you may want to do a manual retune of stations (http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/coveragechecker/manual_retuning)
  2. IF that doesnt work, can you plug the upstairs TV (Cello) directly to the aerial socket downstairs (without the BT box).  Does that work?

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a factory reset in the settings.  But I hate to say, another Iceage has started :slight_smile:

Also, ensure that you have the latest firmware installed. 

Leonkj
Explorer

Thank you for your help
The manual tune has worked to restore BBC. I will work on the other stations later

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Try re-tuning your TV upstairs (if its feasibly possible) or even bringing the Upstairs TV, downstairs and seeing if the channels work (without a re-tune) Once done, check your signal strength and quailty.

Cheers.

Leonkj
Explorer

Thanks
I have just retuned upstairs and all ok (not a Sony, it's a cheaply Cello) with good signal strength on both the cello and Sony. The vision box has been retuned and also still gets BBC stations. The Vision box is connected to the arial through the same socket as the Sony TV. It normally passes the arial signal through the vision box to the Sony, but have tried direct from the arial to the TV also and still no joy
Leonkj
Explorer

I have also checked my local mast and no reported issues
http://www.ukfree.tv/txdetail.php?a=SN569757
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Im a little confused here now (it happens alot :slight_smile: )

Summary:

• Downstairs TV (Sony) will not tune in some channels (multiplexes) without the BT Box
  • The BT box tunes in correctly downstairs
  • Upstairs TV (Cello) works correctly with all channels found.

First thing to do is remove the variables (ie the BT box)

1. Do you have any channels on the Sony TV in the 800 range?  If so, you may want to do a manual retune of stations (http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/coveragechecker/manual_retuning)
  2. IF that doesnt work, can you plug the upstairs TV (Cello) directly to the aerial socket downstairs (without the BT box).  Does that work?
Leonkj
Explorer

Sony TV freeview will not tune to any bcc station (or some other) with. Or without the vision box plugged in

Bt vision box works fine tuning to all stations without an issue

Cello tv (upstairs) tunes to all stations fine

Roof top arial cabled toa distribution box and then cabled to each room.

Sony TV and bt box in lounge using the same wall socket. No difference on the Sony with the bt box removed

I think I have ruled out everything other than the TV itself using the vision box and confirmation of roof arial being ok using the cello tv also.

Both TVs are wall mounted so difficult to move to test

Is there a factory reset I could try on the Sony TV?

I will try the manual tune one my son has finished watching iceage
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a factory reset in the settings.  But I hate to say, another Iceage has started :slight_smile:

Also, ensure that you have the latest firmware installed. 

Leonkj
Explorer

Thank you for your help
The manual tune has worked to restore BBC. I will work on the other stations later
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yay !!  I was running out of ideas too.