Join now - be part of our community!

Love film and Sony essential problem

profile.country.en_GB.title
KRaccount
Visitor

Love film and Sony essential problem

Hi,  I want to change the Love Film account that is registered to my Sony Bravia TV. I have tried to log on to Sony Essentials by my Sony user name and password do not allow me to access the site. I have requested a new password but do not get an email sent with a new password. When I try to create a new account, I am unable to to get a registration code as my tv is already registered.

Please help!

13 REPLIES 13
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi - You don't need a code to get the devices working togther - they use BRAVIA Link/HDMI-CEC to communicate, I'm a little lost as to how you have set your hardware.

As I mentioned they are two different websites - MySony is a pan-European CRM/Marketing platform allowing you to be active on these forums and buy direct from Sony. Essentials is the current IPTV device authentication and management system, soon being merged into PSN.

Thanks

BarAkl
New

Hi. I have exactly the same problem and I was wondering if you got it solved.

Thanks

Twombley
New

Exactly the same thing here. I cannot access Amazon Instant Video on my brand new wifi sony blu ray. Amazon tell me to go onto the Essentials page, log in and deregister the device. Except I cannot log in. It refuses my e-mail. I am registered with Sony Ehtertainment Network, but this seems irrelevant. Asking for a new password e-mail is ignored.

what is this Essentials thing? It doesn't give me an option to make an account, and I cannot find out how to do this anywhere.

why do Sony make it so hard to do anything with their devices? All I have is a sony tv and a sony blu ray, yet they seem incapable of getting their act together. I don't have playstation etc, so it should be simple, right? Help!

Soul93man
New

Did anyone work this out? My TV is registered, might of done it years ago with an old email I can't get into anymore, now sony essentials doesn't exist, but when I try to activate device on Sony entertainment it wants me to link sony essentials and I can't get into it, nor can I reset password as I don't have access to the old email... Ahhh