Join now - be part of our community!

My grandma has a problem with the KDL42W656

SjooSjoo
New

My grandma has a problem with the KDL42W656

Hey,

I'm trying to solve a problem for my grandma.

She somehow pressed buttons she shouldn't press and ended up in a screen with balls / bubbles / baloons that float around. The problem is she can't get out of this screen back to normal tv.

No matter what buttons she presses the pattern is the same. The tv screen turns black and then shows the same screen with the balls / bubbles. Turning the tv off and on again results in the same situation.

I'm wondering if anyone knows what this screen is, and how to get out of it.

Greetings from Holland,

Joo

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

It sounds like she is on a radio channel (ie in the 700 range of channels) and it is displaying an animated wallpaper/screensaver.  You should be able to press number 1 on the remote control to change channels to BBC1 or whatever channel, or alternatively disable that feature by following the instructions : HERE

If that isnt it, is there any other information you can provide?

Cheers

PS:

I have just tested it myself, the HOME button on remote control does not work.  Nor does other buttons.  HOWEVER, if you press the same button on the remote control TWICE, it appears to respond.  As in, press number 1 twice on the remote control.

profile.country.da_DK.title
Nielsen

Yes annoying lock on remote options when in radio stations. First time I got there by mistake, I too was lost for many minutes. Selecting the ch + until reaching ch.1 was my only way out. Selecting "1" or another number does not work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nielsen - Try pressing it twice and see what happens?  It worked for me :slight_smile:  It seems as though the first time disables the screensaver/unlocks, and the second time the command is accepted.  And that seems to go for all remote control functions.  Probably why pressing CH+ or - worked, as you press it repeatedly.  And yes, I scratched my head for a minute too :slight_smile:

profile.country.da_DK.title
Nielsen

Yes, the screensaver is disabled and you can ex. use Home  when pressing tvice, BUT channel select by number is returning a warning message that the ch. number doesn't exist. It's if the radio mode makes all TV ch. not selectable. A clear bug imo.:smileysad: