Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia & home cinema to MacBook

Sony Bravia & home cinema to MacBook

I have a Sony Bravia KDL47W805 which I have been using fine with a MacBook Pro via Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adaptor.  I now have a Sony BDv4100 home cinema and can't firgure out to connect everything.  

I tried connecting the MacBook to the home cinema via Bluetooth and all was well, but when I reconnected no sound is coming through home cinema speakers.  In desperation last night I connected the tv and home cinema with an AV scart cable.  But sound and picture are out of synch so I ended up back using TV for sound.

Head is wrecked!!  There has to be an easier way.  Should I set up a DLNA connection?  If so, will I need to bridge to connect to my Orange router?  Will I still need to connect Mac to TV via HDMI? 

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately I do not know what you are trying to achieve, however if you are trying to steam files from your MacBook, I would suggest installing a program called Homesteam.  Have a look at in anyhow, and see if that will help.

http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/Blog-News-from-Sony/Homestream-Media-Sharing-from-Sony/ba-p/1262890

Cheers

Hi Quinnicus, thanks for the reply, going to check out Homestream.  

Basically, I do all my TV watching by streaming via my Mac.  Rather than have the sound come through the TV speakers, I now want it come through home cinema speakers (BDV4100) I've just bought.

I'm assuming the delay in speech is because while both picture and sound is being passed from Mac to TV, the sound is then being passed onto home cinema speakers, but I don't know how to get round this problem.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I think Homestream might be the way to go for you.  Also see page 33 of the BDV-E4100 manual : HERE in regards to DLNA streaming.

In regards to the sound delay, you can adjust what they call "A/V Sync", which you can adjust the delay between sound and video.  See page 37 of the same manual above.  (Note: can take some experimentation though)

Hope that helps.