Join now - be part of our community!

My KDL-40V3000 Has dark screen and image retention

profile.country.en_GB.title
marinemitch
Visitor

My KDL-40V3000 Has dark screen and image retention

I am at a loss as our beloved sony tv has developed a couple of issues

firstly the screen image is very dark i noticed this one evening when watching a dvd, i have tried to adjust the levels using a calibration tool on a pixar bluray but i am not able to adjust the brightness or contrastlevels sufficient enough to even see the test images let alone perfect them.

The other issue is the image retention that was first noticable when after viewing the EPG the straight lines were visible on the screen when watching tv channel etc this would dissapear after a short while of mooving images but has also got to the point that when any fixed image is shown on the screen it takes a while for it to be errased which is very distracting.

as the tv is just out of the extended 5 year garantee i am looking for assistance that will not cost the earth.

thankyou

1 REPLY 1
grfisch59
New

Hello marinemitch, I have just discovered the same problem and was wondering if you had any luck in sorting this out? I have exactly the same tv also just over 5 years old. Recently much used for Xbox and wondering if this has had an effect on the screen?