Join now - be part of our community!

Need help changing the language on my Sony Bravia KDL-40BX400 from Greek to English

SOLVED
profile.country.el_GR.title
lynda_attwood22
Visitor

Need help changing the language on my Sony Bravia KDL-40BX400 from Greek to English

I have recently moved to Cyprus and have a new Sony TV in the flat but it is set up in Greek so I have no idea what is going on. The manual that comes with it and any i can find on line are not in English so that doesnt help. Can anyone tell me how to change the language to English please? Step by step instructions please as I am working blind!

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi lynda_attwood22,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

If the suggestions above do not help then I have tried to compile a rough how to for you..

Press Home on your remote control (if you do not have a remote facing the screen of your TV the Home button should be on the lower right side of your TV)

Then select Settings ( should be Ρυθμίσεις in Greek)

In Settings (Ρυθμίσεις) scroll down to Set-Up (should be Ρυθμίσεις in Greek but to me this looks the same as Settings :smileyconfused:)

In Set-Up (Ρυθμίσεις) select Auto Start-up (should be Αυτόματη Έναρξη in Greek)

There is no mention of having to press any more options but there may be a further warning asking if you are sure you want to start Auto Start-Up which I would guess would be a Yes (Ναι) or No (οχι) answer..

Hopefully the above will help if not I think asking a neighbour who speaks both English & Greek to help you is possibly the best way forward..

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

Oh dear - i remember doing this to friends mobile phones at Uni years ago - incredibly frustrating as yes unless you know the language, its a bugger to change.

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4168148E51.pdf

Here is the manual  - looking at a similar set, press the menu/home button on the remote and go to the far left menu and then down to the icon which looks like a tool box (settings) then I think the bottom option within this sub menu is factory settings, select this and press ok and it should force a factory reset, which will allow you to reset the language as part of the setup process.

Hope this helps

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

bit like fishing in a fishless pond that!,

why dont you ask one of your greek neighbours to help you find the factory re set, surely theres one that understands english there that can talk you through it.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi lynda_attwood22,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

If the suggestions above do not help then I have tried to compile a rough how to for you..

Press Home on your remote control (if you do not have a remote facing the screen of your TV the Home button should be on the lower right side of your TV)

Then select Settings ( should be Ρυθμίσεις in Greek)

In Settings (Ρυθμίσεις) scroll down to Set-Up (should be Ρυθμίσεις in Greek but to me this looks the same as Settings :smileyconfused:)

In Set-Up (Ρυθμίσεις) select Auto Start-up (should be Αυτόματη Έναρξη in Greek)

There is no mention of having to press any more options but there may be a further warning asking if you are sure you want to start Auto Start-Up which I would guess would be a Yes (Ναι) or No (οχι) answer..

Hopefully the above will help if not I think asking a neighbour who speaks both English & Greek to help you is possibly the best way forward..

profile.country.el_GR.title
lynda_attwood22
Visitor

Thank you all very much for your help! I now have an English manual and have changed the language to English which makes everything so much easier!

Thank you

Lynda

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome Lynda..:smileyhappy:

profile.country.GB.title
AungThuraTun
Explorer

Need help changing the language on my Sony Bravia KDL-22EX300 from japanese to English