Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix hangs on exit

ashmatuk
Explorer

Netflix hangs on exit

Purchased a KDL42W653 a couple of days ago and having some problems with Netflix. If I press exit and choose yes to exit, it hangs on the exiting screen until I reboot the tv. I have tried restoring to factory settings but that did nothing. Can anybody offer any advice?

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have had a bit of a search, and cannot find this particular issue anywhere.  A couple of things to try though (no guarantees):-

1. Ensure that you have the latest firmware installed on your TV
  2. Try de-activating your TV from netflix and re-activating it.  You should be able to de-activate it from the application itself or from logging into your account via a webbrowser.

Hope that helps.

ashmatuk
Explorer

Thanks will try that.

pennbank

I have exactly the same problem with Netflix, New TV also  Have just emailed support.

At leat I have all the applications unlike some on here that are having problems.

Ther is a new update 

PKG3.710EUA   but problem still exists.

Great TV Though for price. Hope this TV   lasts more that my last on which only lasted 5years 2 months, 2 months outside Guarantee and not repairable.

Woktolivelife

I,ve had the same behaviour with the Netflix app from the start if you return to "do you wish to exit Netflix" and it hangs. It responds differently to the remote buttons than the other apps easiest solution I found was to just treat it differently and press the home button to exit the app
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi there pennbank and Woktolivelife,

There have been some issues with some Sony TVs. Please could you take a look at this TV update from Emily_F yesterday, to see if you think you have a similar issue?

Many thanks,

Pascale_F

Woktolivelife

Hi pascal don't think it's the same issue as many including myself have experienced that seems sorted at least for me.
, but as mentioned Netflix doesn't respond to remote commands like the other apps were you can exit by continuing to press the return button or just press the digital tv button ,just thought it a Netflix app quirk pressing home twice works to exit out the app it doesn't hang in respect to loading or viewing .just the exit screen which is presented if you use the return button on the remote to get out/ back to the other apps or TV
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi again Woktolivelife,

Well, you could always try contacting Sony Support - they may be able to shed further light on this.

Thanks,

Pascale_F

pennbank

Not same issue as I said in my post

pennbank

Thanks for that tip, Yes exiting using the Home button works.