Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-24EX320 random lock ups and crashing

KDL-24EX320 random lock ups and crashing

I've got a KDL-24EX320 which is a couple of years old now. It's just started crashing randomly and locking up. This happens for a few hours at a time and then goes away. I've done a factory reset (power + remote UP) on it but the problem is still persisting.

This has been occuring since the last software update PKG4.021EUA-0104 by the looks.

It's unrelated to overheating/dust build up as it's clean inside and out.

Any ideas?

(for ref I'm a qualified electrical engineer and spent years writing embedded software so don't give me any witchcraft solutions :slight_smile:

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

As you have performed a factory reset, have the latest firmware, and that no one else has reported in (as far as Im aware) - It comes down to basic problem solving (which shouldnt be too hard as an electrical engineer).

I guess the first thing to try and figure out, is the "random" aspect of things.  Other than sending it in to an authorised Sony Repair Centre, (which may be unecomical anyhow) you might have to play the long game here.  Possibly in the form of a log, with information on what channel or device you are watching, time of day, how long TV has been on for etc etc.  Hopefully, you may be able to determine a pattern.

BTW, there are reports that some models (2010/2011) crash when watching the 4Music channel on freeview.  This is to do with 4Music adding MHEG IC (IPTV) services on its channel, of which the TV doesnt like.  The solution is to remove the network cable (at this moment in time)

Hope that assists

Cheers.