Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix not working

SOLVED
macgers77
New

Netflix not working

I have just purchased a new Sony KDL-46W905A today.  I cannot get the Netflix app to connect.  I click on app and it gives me error NW4-8.  I have been in contact with Netflix and they can't even sort it.  Internet is fine - just can't connect to Netflix servers.  Has anyone any ideas it's driving me nuts

178 REPLIES 178
Woktolivelife

Netflix technical are in contact with sony to see where the issue is they have promised to return my call in the next 48 hrs to advise the course of action
Akram11
Explorer

you may contact your mobile shop

taspland
Explorer

yes i am on the latest update, and still same issue no netflix.

if this is netflix's end i hope they fix is soon 

taspland
Explorer

Worktolivelife  please let us know what netflix says 

Woktolivelife

I spoke directly to a technician today ( not call centre staff) we went through everything deep in the TV router settings etc. he confirmed that the issues were deeper than consumer level and would take intervention at server level and or firmware update , he mentioned another yesterday had the exact same issues and I informed him of others reporting the exact same issues both on this forum and others. Unfortunately resolution of the problem could take days weeks ..........no quick easy fix!,,,
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the update Woktolivelife (at least someone is onto it) - Was that Netflix Support or Sony Support?

profile.country.GB.title
bw444976

Just setup my new KDL55W905A bought last week, exactly the same issue when connecting to Netflix (firmware upgraded last night)

kevatronic5000
Explorer

Same issue with me here in the UK.

TV arrived today and everything is OK except Netflix nw4-8 error.

I have both ps3 and PS4 and netflix works fine with these devices; So must just be a Bravia TV issue.

Hopefully it will get resolved soon. At least I still have option of watvhing on my consoles.

riwilkidl
Explorer

I have reported this probblem to sony tech support last week (Sony KDL55w905) & sent them several emails on my config etc.. They are saying that this is a problem reported by many & has been escalatedto their level 2 technicianss (email response below from yesterday) If you haven't already, I would suggest you report your problem to them to put some pressure on them :

Thank you for your recent E-mail, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.

In an effort to outline our position, We have received alot of cases with Netflix not working and our 2nd level department is checking the issue with Netflix and i've sent them a reminder to provide us with the latest updates once i receive it i will send it to you ASAP.

profile.country.GB.title
bw444976

Any updates on this, just bought my first Bravia TV 3 weeks ago and my kids are unable to use my netflix account which i signed up for the same week - seems a bit of a waste and not what I expected from a brand like Sony.