Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix not working

SOLVED
macgers77
New

Netflix not working

I have just purchased a new Sony KDL-46W905A today.  I cannot get the Netflix app to connect.  I click on app and it gives me error NW4-8.  I have been in contact with Netflix and they can't even sort it.  Internet is fine - just can't connect to Netflix servers.  Has anyone any ideas it's driving me nuts

178 REPLIES 178
anpaint64
Explorer

Well finally I see I am not alone with the Netflix problem on my kdlw905.  After being given the run around by Sony, Netflix and my ISP all blaming each other it would appear that the issue is with Sony.  I was advised to use the wired network, then to use wireless.  I would have better results with a piece of string as neither of these worked.  Being advised that I have the ability to stream Netflix from my XBOX or PC really isn't helping the issue.  The app / tv has a problem.  The tv was bought with these features proudly displayed as a selling point.  If I wanted to stream just from my other tech then I would have bought a less SMART tv - oh I appear to have done that anyway!

The idea was to lose the SKY leach and move to a cheaper substitute - as with bw444976 I joined Netflix at the same time and have a wasted month of subs.

However, on a positive - the tv overall is brilliant.  Just sort yourselves out Sony!!!

profile.country.GB.title
bw444976

Same here works on my pc and tablets just not my 905 may have to return it
under the warranty as you say a feature not working. Pity really otherwise
a top piece of kit
profile.country.GB.title
bw444976

Does anybody at sony look at these forums, still no resolution - as anyone solved this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sony do look/read these forums, however it is primarily a community based forum, therefore if you want a direct response from Sony, you need to contact them directly : HERE

Saying that, last week I requested an update from Sony in regards to this issue and are now awaiting a response of which I will feed it back to you guys/gals

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi bw444976

This is actually a User based forum / community for Sony owners. (And fans)

Its also a place where users may be able to get some help too from other members if they are encountering any problems with their devices.

I'm sure Sony are aware of this problem. All I can suggest is to sit tight until there are anyinformation updates.

profile.country.GB.title
bw444976

Cheers

I have also now raised a support ticket
aomer1981
Explorer

Hi, I'm having the exact same issue on my KDL-46W905 bought 3 weeks ago. Running the latest firmware on the TV, using VirginMedia in the UK (tested also on Vodafone mobile internet).  All other devices (Android, PS4, TiVo) can access Netflix without any issues. I have not been able to log into Netflix on the TV since purchasing it.

Goa200213
Explorer

Hi all....same issue...not very happy as we've just spent the whole evening trying to get Netflix up on our 46W905A. If I'm not mistaken this is a 2013 model so how has Sony not rectified this problem? Does anyone know how long this issue has been going on? Seriously thinking of taking it back!
frustrated2
Explorer

frustrated2
Explorer

Same here - brand new Sony KDL46w905A out of box. Software update applied. I can use other apps on tv and can access netflix from other devices in the house, but not from new tv 😞

Same symptoms as everyone else, cannot access netflix servers.

Using virgin media internet access.

Very disappointed - easy netflix access straight from the tv (rather than PC) was one of the reasons I bought this. Needs a fix.