Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix not working

SOLVED
macgers77
New

Netflix not working

I have just purchased a new Sony KDL-46W905A today.  I cannot get the Netflix app to connect.  I click on app and it gives me error NW4-8.  I have been in contact with Netflix and they can't even sort it.  Internet is fine - just can't connect to Netflix servers.  Has anyone any ideas it's driving me nuts

178 REPLIES 178
heshamb
New

Have the sane problem, this thread is over a month old.. pretty poor from Sony if you ask me.
Use chrome cast in the meanwhile.. sort it out Sony!

Other than that tv is awesome! Hope you all enjoying it!
CeeGeeEss

I have just bought a new 24W605. Netflix not working - same symptoms, sames ineffective remedies. Thought it might be because I need to register the ESN or somesuch so registered with Netflix for my free month (I'm new to this) but there is nowhere to do this on the Netflix site.

Been tearing my hair out until I found this thread. Wasted my free month!

Have just e-mailed Sony with a formal support request - not that I hold out much hope. Not happy!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there @CeeGeeEss 

At this stage the only reported issues with Netflix is some W905 TV's - with an error message of "NW4-8" or "NW4-5" (as far as I can tell).  I have also not seen anyone else report any issues on other forums with other TV's either.

If you are NOT getting either of these messages, then your issue is likely to be different.  Can you confirm that you are / or are not getting this message.

If not, can you please provide more details on what is happening (or not happening).

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
bw444976

customersupport.en@eu.sony.com 24 Apr (3 days ago) to me Dear Mr xxxxxxx Thank you for your reply regarding your KDL-55W905A. We are sorry to learn that you are experiencing an issue with accessing Netflix. In an attempt to solve the issue that you are experiencing, please follow the below troubleshooting steps: 1. Reset your TV to its factory settings: - Press “Home” button. - Highlight “Settings”. - Select “System settings” - Select “General set-up”. - Select “Factory settings” then press “Ok”. 2. Refresh your internet content through the steps below: - Press “Home” button. - Highlight “Settings”. - Select “Network”. - Select “Refresh Internet Content”. 3. Check the Software Version of your TV through the link below and if it is not the latest one, please update it: http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-tvhc/bravia-kdlw-kdlx-firmware-update-v4410eua... 4. Deactivate and reactivate the Netflix application as outlined below. - Launch the Netflix app. - Using the arrows on your remote, enter the following sequence: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up. - Select 'Deactivate' and exit the screen. - Restart the Netflix app and sign in to your account. 5. Try a Wired connection to the internet. If the issue still existed, please provide us with the below information to be able to escalate the issue to a higher technical department: 1- Wired Mac Address, and device IP Address: - If you use wireless connection, please establish wired connection instead (If you do not have an Ethernet cable, please proceed with establishing the wired connection anyway which should fail. Once you get this outcome choose “Quit network setup” and continue the instructions) - Using the remote control press Home/Menu: - Go to Settings. - Go to Network, press OK. - Go to Network Set-up, press OK - Go to View Network Status, press OK. 2- Device ID and Current firmware version Installed on device: “Please write the exact Version” - Turn on your TV and press the HOME button on the remote to display the Home Menu - Navigate to Product Support category and press OK. - Navigate to System Information and press OK. - On the TV screen, the firmware version number should appear on the screen now. 3- Current post code. 4- Internet service provider and actual internet speed Using www.SpeedTest.net 5- Brand and model of the router 6- Signal strength (number of bars that you get when establishing the connection.) 7- The date on which the issue started happening 8- The public IP address by visiting www.whatismyip.com 9- Network Environment: “i.e FTTH, Broadband” Some of this information can be obtained by contacting your internet service provider. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this email. Thank you for your enquiry. Yours sincerely, Nourhan Zidan Sony Customer Support Sony Europe Limited Email: via www.sony.co.uk Phone: 0844 8466 555 Phone: VAIO out of warranty - 0905 031 0006 (35p/min plus network charges) Phone: Ireland in warranty /out of warranty numbers: 01407 3040 / 1530 501002 (33 cent/min plus network charges) Sony United Kingdom and Ireland, a division of Sony Europe Limited. A company registered in England and Wales. Registered office: The Heights, Brooklands, Weybridge, Surrey, KT13 0XW Registered company number: 2422874 Tried All this here is my reply - Note I now have a new error code for 2 of the 4 Netflix Servers of nw-2-5 to customersuppor. Still no luck, Couldnt perform step 4 as 5 seconds after the netflix splash screen launches I get a grey error dialog with 3 options. So the key press combination you suggested just moves through the 3 optione. The screen reads "Netflix has encountered an error. Attempting to determine the problem Try Again More Details Exit" After a further 5-10 seconds this changes to Couldnt connect to Netflix. Please try again or restart your home network and streaming device. For more information visit netflix.com/nethelp Code nw-2-5Try Again More Details Exit" Selecting More details I get the following Network info Wired Name eth0 IP Address 192.168.0.14 Connected Yes Default Yes DNS server 192.168.0.1 And the following Device info ESN SONY-CTV13-1823-5C40-F671-B57E6B Software Version PKG4.410EUA/2013.2.4 Netflix Version nrdapp 2013.2.4 / nrdlib 2013.2.4 / mdxlib 2013.2 / sdk 4.0.4-release-2034013 Device Model SonyDTV_KDL-55W905A On selecting Check your network I get Netflix Server 1 nw-2-5 Netflix Server 2 nw-4-8 Netflix Server 3 nw-2-5 Netflix Server 4 nw-4-8 Internect Connection (against a big green tick) Here is the other info you required 1- Wired Mac Address, and device IP Address: -Connection method - wired cable connection ok ip address setting Auto ip Address 192.168.0.14 subnet mask 255.255.255.0 Default Gateway 192.168.0.1 Primary DNS 192.168.0.1 Secondary DNS 0.0.0.0 MAC Address D8:D4:3C:DC:8D:31 Proxy Server Not Used Performing a connection check returns Cable Connection OK Local Address OK Internet access OK 2- Device ID and Current firmware version Installed on device: “Please write the exact Version” Service Code LB4U Manufacturer/Brand Name Sony Bravia Model Number KDL-55W905A Serial Number 6309980 Software Version PKG4.410EUA Sevice ID B0:00:02:87:77:85 3- Current post code. PR2 9NA 4- Internet service provider and actual internet speed Using www.SpeedTest.net SKY Broadband Ping 31ms Upload 0.84Mbps Download 7.19Mbs 5- Brand and model of the router SAGEMCOM 2504N 6- Signal strength (number of bars that you get when establishing the connection.) cable connection, not sure what you mean here 7- The date on which the issue started happening 25/3/2014 8- The public IP address by visiting www.whatismyip.com 2.125.85.243 9- Network Environment: “i.e FTTH, Broadband” Broadband
profile.country.GB.title
Filding
Explorer

Hi,

Just a quary. Any progress in this mater as I cannot sleep because of that.

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Filding wrote:

as I cannot sleep because of that.

Love that reason !! :thumbsup:

Unfortunately getting a response is like pulling a stubbon wisdom tooth at the moment - I can only assume that engineers in the darkened basement is still undergoing the investigation phase (hopefully in conjuction with Netflix too)

profile.country.GB.title
bw444976

No change waiting for support to get back to me
CeeGeeEss

Hi - yes that is exactly the error I have.

I go to the application, open up Netflix, get the Netflix logo up and then it fails.

When I check the network it fails with the four Netflix servers with the error code nw-4-8.

The imternet connection is fine - YouTube, iPlayer, Facebook etc all work fine.

CeeGeeEss

Oh, and by the way, Sony has not responded to my support log - not even an acknowledgement.

And as for the various "fixes":

Reset to factory settings - done it.

Refresh internet content - done ir.

Check the software version - done it.

Deactivate the device - don't make me laugh! As soon as the Netflix logo comes up I start they key press but it fails before I get the chance to go through all the key presses.

Try a wired connection  - tried it, still failed.

Don't imagine any of the other things will help but I will collect the data in case Sony ever bother to get back to me.

tjc2005
Explorer

Yup same problem here too. We have the kdl55w905 and the KDL46w905. Netflix error code nw-4-8.... Sort it out sony *****!!!