Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix not working

SOLVED
macgers77
New

Netflix not working

I have just purchased a new Sony KDL-46W905A today.  I cannot get the Netflix app to connect.  I click on app and it gives me error NW4-8.  I have been in contact with Netflix and they can't even sort it.  Internet is fine - just can't connect to Netflix servers.  Has anyone any ideas it's driving me nuts

178 REPLIES 178
profile.country.GB.title
bw444976

I will check tonight, it wasnt working yesterday (but not sure if I had a
firmware update. lets hope if we do get one it doesnt break anything else
profile.country.GB.title
be11aml

The answer is no. Is does not fix Netflix !

I had my hopes raised too. However, after a broken PS4 and problems with the W905, I think it is time to look elsewhere.

I have no confidence that sony will provide any support for future issues, so I will begin to find an alternative TV.

Any suggestions of equivalent set from manufacturers who care about customers?
CeeGeeEss

I've just had an update too.

It's now at PKG4.421.

Guess what...

No impact on Netflix - still doesn't work.

And nothing on the Sony site I can find that tells us what was supposed to be included in the update.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh well - Was hoping that this issue could be 'resolved'.

Info about the new FW wont be on the Support pages for approx 1-2 weeks.  And is normally cryptic anyhow.

SirSlush86
Explorer

I just downloaded the firmware update and it has fixed Netflix for me. I've got a 46 inch W905

chris181174

Well I installed it and no fix for me 55" w905
profile.country.GB.title
be11aml

I take it back. It did not work immediately after the update, but after switching it off and leaving it all day, I now have access to Netflix.

Better late than never I suppose.
peter.carey
Explorer

After downloading new firmware Software version PKG4.421EUA my Netflix is now working for me with Sony Bravia KDL-46W905A
It was not working immediately but retried and it worked.

I suggest the following after downloading new Firmware
1. Refresh Internet settings
2. Power off TV from socket (starting to sound like Sony support)
Turn back on and try the NetFlix again
If still no luck then try turning on Wifi Direct - my wife got it working after changing settings so I'm relaying as much info as possible.

Peter
aomer1981
Explorer

I can confirm that following today's update Netflix is working after performing a factory reset.
profile.country.GB.title
bw444976

All working here