Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix not working

SOLVED
macgers77
New

Netflix not working

I have just purchased a new Sony KDL-46W905A today.  I cannot get the Netflix app to connect.  I click on app and it gives me error NW4-8.  I have been in contact with Netflix and they can't even sort it.  Internet is fine - just can't connect to Netflix servers.  Has anyone any ideas it's driving me nuts

178 REPLIES 178
raiphs
Explorer

I also can confirm that after the update and resetting the internet
connection Netflix is working on my kdl-46w905a here in Denmark.
My god it took very long time getting this issue solved, but ok finally I'm
satisfied with my W9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you to all for the feedback - I have clicked the "resolved" button for this topic.  I guess if anyone is still having problems, it would seem that its unrelated to this particular issue.

:four_leaf_clover:

anpaint64
Explorer

Definite fix. We'll done to all the forum members

Sent from my iPad
CeeGeeEss

Mine fixed too - just took a couple of hours to bed in.

I hate to sound churlish but it doesn't make me feel any happier about Sony support I'm afraid - I will definitely be looking at alternatives when I upgrade our main set in the summer. Sony need to work hard to make me consider them again.

But, again, well done to the forum who kept the pressure up.

jazz2405
Explorer

whats the download location of PKG4.421EUA as i cant get it. if i try an update through the tv it says newer version not found even though it says i have to perform thr update thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi jazz2405

Have you seen this thread by any chance:

http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kdl-42w829b/m-p/1644783

Is it the same problem as yours?  What model TV do you have?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
martinb666
Explorer

Hi did you get it fixed?

My new KD-49x8505 wouldn't connect until I turned my phone into a hotspot and connected to netflix that way.

Once i had established comms to netflix and watch a couple of seconds of a film i exited netflix with out signing out and turned the phone off dropped that wifi connection and then hit the WPS button on the router and bingo it worked.

I was previously cabled in and will try cable again soon but am just chuffed to be on netflix from the TV rather than having to use the Blu Ray or anything else.

Cheers

Martin

profile.country.GB.title
bw444976

Yeah all was fixed with a software update...in the end they took their time
to acknowledge it was an issue on their side. First they tried to blame the
isp and netflix
chris181174

Hi Martin yes this was fixed when Sony done an update so happy new all working 

Thanks chris 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
berty2001
Explorer

My netflix just cut out. Sony KDL-32W654A. Has been working fine for over a year but now cuts off after about 5 mins of watching. Get nw-2-5 error on netflix servers. Have tried factory resetting TV, rebooting internet connections. It works fine for a bit then cuts out.