Join now - be part of our community!

New Sony 65XE7003

Mahneb
New

New Sony 65XE7003

Hi,

I have purchased a Sony Bravia 65XE7003 and i have a few issues with it that don't seem to be covered in the small manual or anywhere in the forums or support pages. They are as follows:

1. I cannot seem to do a firmware update over a network i receive error 4057.

2. I cannot change any of the TV settings whilst Using any of the HDMI ports. I have to select the digital or analogue input change the scene mode then switch back to HDMI to see what effect this has. That is both annoying and seems totally wrong.

3. When selecting a scene mode some of their selections are greyed out and cannot be altered. I get the fact that scene modes are probably set for you but what on earth do you select to change picture or even audio values like colour, contrast, bass, treble anything??

I'm new here, and a first time Sony Bravia TV owner, so if there is any help that can be offered i would appreciate it.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Lets see if I can answer your questions:

Q1 - Firmware update:

See these instructions in regards to error 4057: HERE - If that doesnt help or work, update the TV via the USB process HERE and then factory reset the TV (for next time)

Q2 - Cant change picture settings when using HDMI port.

Have you tried pressing the [Action Menu] button on the remote control and changing settings that way?  Another way is to press the 'Sync Menu' button and selecting 'Control TV with TV Remote Control' when using a device connected via HDMI.  You can then change settings on the TV.  Remember to disable it by going back to the Sync Menu and selecting 'Control connected device with TV remote control'

Q3 - Scene Modes

According to page 16 of the manual HERE - it says 'The options you can select may vary. Unavailable options are greyed out'.  Unfortunately it does not state what conditions these options would be greyed out.  However its probably in connection with the 'Picture Mode' options. 

Hope this helps

PS: Welcome to the forums :smiling:

profile.country.GB.title
Peeoff
Explorer

Hi Mahneb

I see that you have purchased the same Sony TV as I have - 65XE7003!

The reason I'm asking is because I had a few issue which Quinnicus has given me advice on but, I'm have issue in particular and, that is with reference to the random "2-3 second high pitch beeping" the I am experiencing!

Now, you may be able to help me if you read my thread ending with `'beeping noise"!                                          

If you had your XE7003 hooked up to a Sky Q Silver box, that would be better!

Please let me know if you have a Sky Q silver box hooked up to your TV!