Join now - be part of our community!

*** Sony KD65XE7003-beeping-noise (part two)

profile.country.GB.title
Peeoff
Explorer

*** Sony KD65XE7003-beeping-noise (part two)

Hi Quinnicus

I'm not getting anywhere with the "beep" on my 65XE7003!

I logged in to the Sky forums this evening and posted the "beep problem" with the Sky Q Silver box and the Sony KD65XE7003 and, so far, I've had one member saying that he does not get any 'beep' or 'confirm/cancel' screen message when changing the Q box resolution from 2160p to 1080p, 1080p to 1080i and, back up again to 2160p.

So, it dosent seem like it's the Sky Q box?

I've contacted Sony Support twice and they seem to think that the problem lies with the Sky Q Silver box!

They gave me a test to do which involved disconnecting the Sky Q box, Apple TV and Sony BDV  E370 from the TV, go to YouTube, search for UHD clips and play it, then change the resolution down from 2160p and see if the TV still makees the beep but, I've been unable to complete the test because I've been unable to change resolution on the TV and/or UHD clip?

Is there anyway that I can totally rule out that it's not my new Sony KD65XE7003 that's causing this beep?

I can get the UHD clip from YouTube playing on the TV but, I'm unsure of how to change the resolution?  Is it the resolution of the YouTube UHD clip that's needs changing down from 2160p?

Or, is it the TV resolution that needs changing down from 2160p?

Could you please explain how I can rule out that it's not the TV that's causing the 'beep problem'.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.IE.title
declanshortall
Explorer

Hi Peeoff & Quinnicus,

I'm having the exact same issue but with the 55XE7003. Got this model to replace an LG 55UJ635V which had a faulty panel. I'll add that the LG did not beep on resolution change. Contacted the retailer and they said they have never heard of this issue before.

@PeeoffI can't see your post in the Sky forum.  Can you link me to it?

Not only do I get this beep changing the resolution on the Sky Q Silver up to 2160p 10 Bit, but I also get the beep when I power off/on the Sky box.  Powering on the Sky box BEFORE the tv does not produce the beep.

Also I am unable to change the resolution on YouTube video.  I can play a 4K file from a USB key without receiving the beep