Join now - be part of our community!

No signal displayed, yet aerial does have correct strength

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
rossgorooster
Visitor

No signal displayed, yet aerial does have correct strength

Hi, I have looked at the Sony advice guide as shown on youtube and as far as i can make out my Bravia KDL-37S5500 does not display a setting when using the menu functions to change to either Antenna or other input.

The signal strength is good because I am using it to test with another tv. However the signal strength display shows 'no signal'.

The only thing that has changed in recent months is that the Bravia was being used by my son in Norwich and now he no longer needs it I am trying to fix up here in Devon.

What am I doing wrong please?

Cheers. Rossgorooster

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi rossgorooster..

Welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

As we are not 100% sure what you have tried so far if you haven't do so already try a digital retune..

See the image below for a quick guide (clicking on the image will enlarge it for easier viewing)

retune.JPG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Bravia55HX

Hi,

if your aerial is proven reception wise to be very good then the only thing i can think of here is that the aerial socket on your tv may be damaged somehow, if this is your only choice for viewing terrestrial television for example you do not have sky or virgin then the only way forward is to get a repair technician to take a look at your tv.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi rossgorooster..

Welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

As we are not 100% sure what you have tried so far if you haven't do so already try a digital retune..

See the image below for a quick guide (clicking on the image will enlarge it for easier viewing)

retune.JPG

rossgorooster
Visitor

Great help. Thanks very much. The diagrams were spot on. I also want to thank other answers too because the fault was possibly the aerial socket on the TV which I squashed in a bit so that the centre pin made better contact.

Cheers. Rossgorooster