Join now - be part of our community!

No Youtube?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
fulviauno2
Visitor

No Youtube?

I recently bought a Sony 32EX723 and decided to add a Sony USB wireless adapter UWA-BR100.

Thanks to Thalamus, I discovered how to access the internet via URL's, but have to say I think it is very tedious using the keypad for navigation and text.  (Once I am on  web pages,  the "cursor" seems to have a mind of its own ... and that's if I can find it!)

Moreover, I hoped to view Youtube videos, but when trying to download from Adobe.com, received a message stating that the Adobe flash player was not available for my device's operating system or browser.

What with tedious internet access and no vids available, I wonder if I have wasted £50 on a dongle?

Thank you very much in anticipation of response, and please feel free to have a good chuckle at my luddite status,  Mel

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Mel,

welcome to Questions & Answer..:smileyhappy:

Glad one of my posts has helped you out already..:smileycool:

If I'm reading your post correctly it looks like you are trying to access Youtube via the bravia's browser, which if I'm correct is not adobe flash compatible hence the error message..:smileyconfused:

However all is not lost, you should be able to view Youtube content via Bravia Internet Video, which can be found by pressing iManual & scrolling through the menu bar.

or

by pressing Internet video on your remote & selecting Bravia Internet Video & then selecting Youtube..

View solution in original post

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

but not on its online support link. Will e-mail them and of course let you know any resolution.

Hi Mel,

Not sure why you having a problem locating your KDL-37EX723 on the support site but not to worry the following link should help - KDL-37EX723 support page

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Bravia55HX

Hi,

as your new tv is connected to the net you should already be getting you tube on there, however its likely that you have not performed a firmware update yet so i would suggest you update that first, nearly all Sony tv's when released has a firmware update ready to install so do that first.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Mel,

welcome to Questions & Answer..:smileyhappy:

Glad one of my posts has helped you out already..:smileycool:

If I'm reading your post correctly it looks like you are trying to access Youtube via the bravia's browser, which if I'm correct is not adobe flash compatible hence the error message..:smileyconfused:

However all is not lost, you should be able to view Youtube content via Bravia Internet Video, which can be found by pressing iManual & scrolling through the menu bar.

or

by pressing Internet video on your remote & selecting Bravia Internet Video & then selecting Youtube..

fulviauno2
Visitor

Thanks for a very fast response.

Still having no joy, the Sony website recognises the tv in its product range, but not on its online support link. Will e-mail them and of course let you know any resolution.

bye for now, cheers, Mel

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

but not on its online support link. Will e-mail them and of course let you know any resolution.

Hi Mel,

Not sure why you having a problem locating your KDL-37EX723 on the support site but not to worry the following link should help - KDL-37EX723 support page

fulviauno2
Visitor

Thanks Thalamus, you are indeed an expert!

I had an email from Sony support which replicated your answer. Vids through the Bravia Internet option all play perfectly, making me a very happy bunny.

Cheers, and best wishes to you, Mel