Join now - be part of our community!

PC to KDL-32EX401 Audio Problem

Waddaboo
Explorer

PC to KDL-32EX401 Audio Problem

I have connected my PC to my TV via a DVI to HDMI and coaxial cable, however, no audio comes through the TV. The soundcard/cable is not at fault as audio comes through other speakers fine. I have also changed the "PC Audio Input" setting on my TV to "HDMI 1" (this also means I've connected to the HDMI 1 port on the TV). So, why can't I hear anything when (theoretically) I have the correct setup?

16 REPLIES 16
Waddaboo
Explorer

On the NVIDIA Control Panel, it says the connector is HDMI-HDTV. How do I change it to DVI-HDTV?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont think you can, as technically you are connected to the TV via HDMI.  You need to check your Audio settings to ensure that audio via HDMI is disabled.

Waddaboo
Explorer

I have only one option for playback, Realtek HD Audio output.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ensure that you have enabled "Disabled Devices" just in-case, as one of the options that is disabled, needed enabling? (see my first picture screenshot)

Also in XP's control panel, there might be a Realtek HD Audio Manager.  Run that, and you "might" be able to change some settings?

Waddaboo
Explorer

There are no disable drivers in the device manager, if that's what you mean?
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, what im getting at is in Sound settings, if you right-click in an empty space, and enable "Show Disabled Devices"  as it may have more options:

Disable HDMI Audio OUT2.jpg

Waddaboo
Explorer

I'm using XP