Join now - be part of our community!

Picture settings on KDL55W905A

SOLVED
pcsplace
Explorer

Picture settings on KDL55W905A

Hi I'm probably doing something silly but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to select the picture presets (Cinema, Game etc) on this TV.

My Setup is that I have a STRDN840 AV Receiver which takes HDMI feeds from Blu-Ray, SkyHD, Xbox One & Chromecast. I then have a HDMI cable from the AV Receiver (TV Out) to the HDMI 1 (ARC) socket on my TV. So on the TV I am only using HDMI as the course and using the AV Receiver to switch the inputs.

My issue is that I am unable to find where I change the Picture preset quickly or via the main menus. The Options button doesn't seem to do anything at all whatever I input via the AV Receiver and if I go through the Home button and select picture settings I can only see Standard, Custom and Vibrant(?).

I want to configure Cinema, Game, Sport etc for my different inputs and then quickly change the picture settings via the remote without having to go right through the Home menu each time.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Paul.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I'm not at home, so I don't remember exactly the menu item. In any case there should be a specific menu int the general setting that relates to HDMI and HDMI sync options. You should have 3 settings possible: one that enable only the basic synching (i.e. automatic switch), another that enable the main button operations (i.e. home menu, arrows and options) and the last the enable also the numer buttons to be sent to device instead of the TV. I choose the second so that I can really throw away the BDP remote, you may choose the first so that you can have at hand the TV settings

PS you can switch back and forth with the sync menu depending on which remote you want to enable. When you turn on device automatically reset to the option that you choose abvoe.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Be aware that, depending on how you set up your HDMI-CEC (bravia sync), your remote, once you switch on the attached device, will act as the remote of the device itself and not the TV one: so if you push the option button you'll not see the TV options (including the scene selector). To override it, just push the sync remote button and choose the tv control option or change the HDMI settings in the TV HOME page.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

To change the picture presets (ie Scenes) follow the instructions in the manual (it seems to be buried under system settings) : HERE

On a side note, I have a 2011 TV, which has a button on the remote for scene presets, looking at the remote control for this model, it doesnt appear to have this button.

Cheers

pcsplace
Explorer

Ok Rooobb seems a bit tedious having to bypass the sync so I can change the picture preset on my remote, would I then have to change it back afterwards? What setting would I have to change in the HDMI settings and would that make it a little more seamless?

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I'm not at home, so I don't remember exactly the menu item. In any case there should be a specific menu int the general setting that relates to HDMI and HDMI sync options. You should have 3 settings possible: one that enable only the basic synching (i.e. automatic switch), another that enable the main button operations (i.e. home menu, arrows and options) and the last the enable also the numer buttons to be sent to device instead of the TV. I choose the second so that I can really throw away the BDP remote, you may choose the first so that you can have at hand the TV settings

PS you can switch back and forth with the sync menu depending on which remote you want to enable. When you turn on device automatically reset to the option that you choose abvoe.

pcsplace
Explorer

Thanks Rooobb I will take a look this evening when I get home and see how I get on :slight_smile:

profile.country.en_GB.title
gofrost

Using the tv remote go Home , Settings , system settings , Scene select at this point there will be a side menu with these options .