Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with Hudl tablet and kdl40d3000 TV

stu_cambs
New

Problem with Hudl tablet and kdl40d3000 TV

Hi

Just purchased a Tesco Hudl tablet and have connected it via a micro hdmi to hdmi cable to my TV.  Unfortunately it isnt detected.  No HDMI inputs are shown in the input list on the TV.

Both devices are on, it's a new HDMI cable and the tablet has the hdmi output set to enabled.....do I need to do anything to get the device recognised?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The Screen Resolution of the HUDL = 1440x900

Checking the manual for the TV, it states:

"The HDMI sockets only support the following video inputs: 480i,480p, 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p and 1080/24p."

In the HUDL Manual:

"If necessary, you can customise the HDMI settings to best match your TV. Refer to Device Settings > Device > HDMI on page 68 for more information."

So from all this, try setting the resolution of the HUDL to one of the supported TV formats - Check HDMI settings on HUDL.

Also remember to select the correct HDMI channel on the TV

Cheers

profile.country.it_IT.title
jan2011
Enthusiast

Hi
Have you “used” the “Device List Update” on TV before “HDMI Device list”? (HDMI Set-up menu)
TV can’t auto-recognize HDMI inputs, sometimes, even if compatible!
Page28 on TV’s manual: http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/3096727114.PDF

Jannis

Non mi aspetto nulla. Non temo nulla. Sono libero. - I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.   (N.K.)
stu_cambs
New

Hi

Have tried both of those.....

Thanks

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Do other HDMI devices work?

stu_cambs
New

Hi

Sorry for the slow reply....have tried the tablet in another tv with HDMI....works no problem.  Also have tried another HDMI device in the Sony Bravia...same result....it's not detected.

I've tried playing with the HDMI settings, turning control etc on / off, and updating the device list...but nothing.  The TV just doesnt detect the HDMI device.  it's almost as if the HDMI ports arent enabled.

What next?

Thanks for your help so far.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess that kind of says it really:

• Tested Hudl on another TV = OK
  • Tested Hudl on KDL-40D3000 = Fail
  • Tested another HDMI device on KDL-40D3000 = Fail
Therefore it appears that the HDMI ports are faulty and requires fixing.  Best to contact an authorised Sony Repair Centre : HERE

Cheers