Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL-40V3000 No threads for TV bracket

SOLVED
DM12345
New

Sony KDL-40V3000 No threads for TV bracket

This is a two part post made elsewhere, I'm posting this here in the hope someone from Sony could help, I can't explain this over the phone  (well I did try, but I didn't get the response I expected) and the e-mail support system doesn't allow the attatchment of photos.

So here go's.

I purchased a Sony Bravia TV around 5-6 years ago, I've never had any problems, with the new year here I decided to have a bit of a change in my room so I went and purchased a new stand with a TV mount on it, I knew my TV had holes and support for such a system so I had no worries making the purchase.

This is where things get really interesting. The circles are the holes which I am meant to put the bolts/screws in. (The bottom with hole has a bolt in that didn't thread also my paint skills suck)

If you can't make it out on the image, the two holes to the left have threads for the screws, however, the two on the right do not.

They look like this:

Instead they should look like this (these are correct to the left)

I had some communication with Currys, as expected they told me to speak to Sony as it is so long ago since the purchase, for what it's worth Currys email support is about as fast as a snail.

So after contacting both Sony and the retailer. I decided to have a look for myself, it wasn't much of an issue getting the back of the TV off.

This is the TV with the back off, as you can see there are two brackets.

This is the bracket which has the threads.

This is the bracket that doesn't.

I got the two arms off, if you can see the bracket to the left has metal bits (I don't know the terminology) for the screws to go in to, but the bracket on the right doesn't it just looks like a manufacturing error.

So in essence, this clearly looks like a manufacturing error and I genuinely feel left out in the cold! Can I get a replacement arm?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have been having a dig around, but cannot find anywhere that you can obtain the parts from - Internal VESA Mounting Brackets (or something like that).

If you try contacting one of the authorised Sony Repair Centres, they might/may have spare parts (or a way to canabalise one).

See : HERE

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have been having a dig around, but cannot find anywhere that you can obtain the parts from - Internal VESA Mounting Brackets (or something like that).

If you try contacting one of the authorised Sony Repair Centres, they might/may have spare parts (or a way to canabalise one).

See : HERE

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

Hi DM12345, looks like some sort of threaded rivet.

Threaded rivet.JPG

If you can get the dimensions etc of the current threaded rivets, or more importantly the hole diameter, then you may be able to locate a pack of replacements & a rivet gun to allow you to fit them them yourself.