Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with iPlayer, TouTube, etc.

SOLVED
Falmericon
Explorer

Problem with iPlayer, TouTube, etc.

I'm having a problem with my KDL-46EX723.

If I attempt to go to iPlayer I get a message saying "The service cannot be accessed at this time".

If I attempt to go to YouTube I get a message saying "A network error has occurred".

If I go to 'Network > Network Set-up > View Network Status > Check connection' then it reports that everything is OK.

Is anybody else experiencing the same problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Falmericon

iPlayer on 2011 TV's are still having intemittent issues.  See HERE for more details.

However, its unlikey that another service like YouTube would be also down at the same time.  Therefore I am assuming the problem is on your side. 

Try some/all of the following:

• Reboot your ISP's router - Switch it off from the wall, leave for 2 mins, switch it on again
  • Do the same for the TV whilst you are waiting
  • Are you using a "wired" connection or the wireless dongle?  If wireless, try connecting an ethernet cable.  If wired, try using another ethernet port on the router.
  • Factory Reset the TV

Hope one of those helps.

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Falmericon

iPlayer on 2011 TV's are still having intemittent issues.  See HERE for more details.

However, its unlikey that another service like YouTube would be also down at the same time.  Therefore I am assuming the problem is on your side. 

• Reboot your ISP's router - Switch it off from the wall, leave for 2 mins, switch it on again
  • Are you using a "wired" connection or the wireless dongle?  If wireless, try connecting an ethernet cable.  If wired, try using another ethernet port on the router.
  • Factory Reset the TV

Hope one of those helps.

Cheers

Falmericon
Explorer

@Quinnicus wrote:

Hi Falmericon

• Factory Reset the TV

Hope one of those helps.

Cheers

The internet connection was fine, as the Browser was still working. However, I tried the simplest solution first, which was physically unplugging the TV from the mains, and that seems to have done the trick.

Many thanks.