Join now - be part of our community!

Problems setting up KDL-46HX853 & SVR-HDT500

SOLVED
-Bucks-
Explorer

Problems setting up KDL-46HX853 & SVR-HDT500

I have a sony KDL-46HX853 TV & have just purchased a SVR-HDT500 hdd recorder
When I try to connect the two via USB so I can set up to record a programme directly from the tv in the HDD Registration I keep getting the message "The HDD connected with USB port for recording was not able to be recognised. Please confirm the connection"
Can you please advise as to what I'm doing wrong?
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
-Bucks-
Explorer

Thanks for your reply Quinnicus
When I connect them via HDMI I can't record from the TV Guide, I have to go into the HDT500 & set a recording from the guide in there, is this right or should I be able to record to the HDT500 directly from the TV?

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bucks

That is correct, You cannot use the TV Guide record facility with this PVR recorder (that is designed for external HDD's).  To record TV shows, you must go through and use the HDT500 EPG.  Besides you can record two shows on the HDT500 at the same time (as it has a dual tuner), then flick to the TV and watch a 3rd show :slight_smile:  (if you so wish)

Cheers

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

You cannot connect the two via USB, or register the HDT500 as a HDD on the TV.  You must connect the two (TV and HDT500) via HDMI.

Cheers

-Bucks-
Explorer

Thanks for your reply Quinnicus
When I connect them via HDMI I can't record from the TV Guide, I have to go into the HDT500 & set a recording from the guide in there, is this right or should I be able to record to the HDT500 directly from the TV?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bucks

That is correct, You cannot use the TV Guide record facility with this PVR recorder (that is designed for external HDD's).  To record TV shows, you must go through and use the HDT500 EPG.  Besides you can record two shows on the HDT500 at the same time (as it has a dual tuner), then flick to the TV and watch a 3rd show :slight_smile:  (if you so wish)

Cheers

-Bucks-
Explorer

Thanks for your reply,s
It's a lot clearer now 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

No problems and happy viewing :slight_smile: