Join now - be part of our community!

Question: KDL-32P3020 suddenly showing banners

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
macnala
Explorer

Question: KDL-32P3020 suddenly showing banners

My Bravia KDL-32P3020 TV has suddenly started showing banners for the two HDMI attached devices. This is  normally correct but they are not being hidden after a few seconds as was the usual action. I cannot find the setting to change this behaviour.

It destoys the viewing experience.

How do I change this?

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
macnala
Explorer

Thanks for the information. I went throuigh the steps outlined in the various pages you indicated but nothing seemed to work. I then telephoned Sony  The agent there was able to identify the button I had pressed by mistake.

The top left button on the remote which is titled "Info/Text reveal" so my problem was caused by myself or my wife pressing that button by accident. The manual for the TV does explain fully enough what it controls. It makes no mention of the banner created by the HDMI source.

Problem Solved

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi macnala, 

It sounds like your TV may be in demo mode.  You can find more details on how to turn this off here.

Let me know how you get on?

Cheers,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
macnala
Explorer

Thanks for the information. I went throuigh the steps outlined in the various pages you indicated but nothing seemed to work. I then telephoned Sony  The agent there was able to identify the button I had pressed by mistake.

The top left button on the remote which is titled "Info/Text reveal" so my problem was caused by myself or my wife pressing that button by accident. The manual for the TV does explain fully enough what it controls. It makes no mention of the banner created by the HDMI source.

Problem Solved

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi again,

Glad to hear you solved the problem.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc