Join now - be part of our community!

Remote camera video stream compatibility via web page

profile.country.GB.title
sccheshi
New

Remote camera video stream compatibility via web page

Hi
I'm looking to purchase the Sony 55XE7002BU 55" UHD 4K Smart LED TV to be installed in our charities visitor centre cafe with the intention of streaming live video feeds via the TV's internet browser from some remote video cameras. We are using streamdays who provide the video feed for us but have had some issues relating to compatabilty of some platforms that are not capable of displaying HTML5 video feeds.

If it helps, we currently have two live video feeds on this web page and it would be one of these feeds that we wish to display via wifi/Ethernet using the smart Tv's web browser.

Is this TV's web browser capable of displaying HTML5 video feeds?

You help is much appreciated.
Steve

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
sccheshi
New

Having read through the manual for the Sony 55XE7002BU 55" UHD 4K Smart LED TV, I have gleaned that its supports the html5 H.264 video codec when playing videos from a USB stick but does the web browser (whatever that may be) provided as part of the smart TV software also support the H.264 video codec? Unfortunately, the manual provides very little information about what software/apps are included on the system.

I really hope someone can answer this soon?

Thanks
Steve