Join now - be part of our community!

"Out of Range" Error message

profile.country.GB.title
mawalte89
New

"Out of Range" Error message

Hi all in the world of Sony
I hope that someone can help me in my quest to fix my TV/DVDR/Surround Sound Set-up that has started to mishebave.

I have a Sony KDL-32V4000 TV, a HDR-HXD890 DVD Recorder and an HT-A55 Surround Sound system.

All items have been working fine, until (i suspect) someone "played" with the remote control for one, or all of the three systems and since then I have had an issue that is leaving me scratching my head!

The TV and DVD Recorder work as expected UNTIL you switch the surround sound on. When the surround sound comes on 1080i.... appears in the corner of the screen for a second or three, this then goes out and all that is displayed on the black screen is "Out Of Range"

We have tried "resetting" the TV and the Surround Sound system to no avail - I dont want to reset the DVDR as there is stuff on there that we haven't watched yet

Please help! Before I go totally mad!

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The best way to troubleshoot which device/s is the problem one, it is best to unplug everything.  Then you slowly add each device, testing each device before you plug another one in.  Once you have found the problem device, you will need to go to the display settings, and set it back to what it should be (or perform a factory reset if you cannot)

Hope that helps.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Th error you are getting seems related to the fact that some devices is trying to send Full HD signals over HDMI to your TV that doesn't support it being and HDready. I don't know your HT systems, but if you says that whitout it the connection between recorder and TV is working, the problem may be there.

What I can tell you is that:

• resetting the recorder doesn't scratch any HDD contents, only settings and timers. So you won't loose anything
  • to change only the resolution on the recorder you may try pushing stop and eject button on the deck when you get the error.

profile.country.GB.title
mawalte89
New

Cheers for the replies!
The issue myst be a settings issue as none of the cables have moved or become unplugged at all.
For the last 3 months all has been working fine - someone played with the remote's and now I get this error.