Join now - be part of our community!

Recording date shown when playing AVCHD files from USB

fredrikl78
Explorer

Recording date shown when playing AVCHD files from USB

I have a TV, model KDL-40WD653. When playing AVCHD files from a USB hard drive the recording date and time is shown on top of the picture and I can't find any setting to disable this. The recorded time change as every second passes by in the clip. The AVCHD files are recorded with different cameras and it's the same result with two different sony cameras and one panasonic, all superzoom cameras. The date is actually not displayed if the clip was edited with the Sony PlayMemories Home software. Is there any way to disable this in the TV or batch process all AVCHD files without having to edit them in Sony PlayMemories Home?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I think this is more of a setting on the camera itself, rather than the TV.  The only thing on the TV is the 'i+' button on the remote.  So if that isnt it, check the settings of the camera/camcorder and see if there is anything on it.

Cheers

fredrikl78
Explorer

Hi and thanks a lot for the reply,

I have checked the 'i+' button on the remote but it did not help. I have also looked in the settings of the camera and it's only one setting that caugt my attention and that is the setting "Write Date" which is set to "Off" and I would guess that if it was set to "On" all movies would have the date burnt into the movie. The date is not burnt into the movie. It will only be shown on top if the AVCHD file is played on the TV. I have also seen that it's the same result if I play the AVCHD file by using the PlayMemories Home server fuction and stream it to the TV. It can be noted that this problem with the date on top of the movie does not exist on 4 different media players on Windows 10 or on 3 different Linux Distributions. Keep in mind that it is the same result as mentioned above with AVCHD files from 3 different cameras from 2 different brands. It would be great if a setting for this was released in a future firmware update for the TV but I have no idea how to request it if it is not too much to ask. What do you think?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there @fredrikl78

I cannot think of anything that may help you for this issue.  I have however escalated this thread to Sony Support in order for them to assist.  Or at least put your suggestion to them for a future FW update.

Anyhow, Sony should be in contact with you next week.  Please ensure that you have the correct contact details in you profile settings.

Cheers

fredrikl78
Explorer

That's wunderful Quinnicus and thanks a lot again.

Hopefully it will help me and others that might have the same problem. I now have all the contact detalis entered in my profile.

Cheers