Join now - be part of our community!

Sony TV KDL-55W808A Web Browser does not work without Internet

butimran
New

Sony TV KDL-55W808A Web Browser does not work without Internet

Hi,

1. We have Wired Network Connection and Network is Ok, but No internet. Is there any possibility the Web Browser works without internet. We need to use web browser for local intranet web sites.

2. Can we intall Other browser like chrome or firefox on this model?

3. Does this model support Google App Store / Play

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Question 1 - Intranet via Web-Browser

I have not come across this question before and its something that I cannot test - but I cannot see why it wouldnt work.  Give it a go and find out.  If it doesnt, just connect a PC or laptop to the TV via HDMI and screen-mirror.  Besides navigating on the TV web browser is difficult as its all done via the TV remote control.

Question 2 - Installation of other browsers.

Unfortunately you cannot install other browsers on this TV.  It is a 'closed eco-system'

Question 3 - Google Play store

Same answer as question 2 unfortunately.

Cheers

butimran
New

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Regarding Question 1, Please I need more detail from your side. Its very important as compared with other questions.

Work around:-

1. We have TV and remote control

Here two sinareous:-

Case - 1: We have Wired, Valid Network and Internet connection. Open the web browser. from Remote "option" button we can see the options and can enter the URL and all is ok in this case.

Case 2: We have Wired, Valid Network and No Internet (We cannt Use internet due to some policies). Open the Web Browser from remote "Option" button we got message "this feature is not available"  and we cant see the web browser options. Strange why this feature works only with internet. How we can utilize this feature?

We cant use PC or laptop because this TV has its own browser. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I cannot provided you with any more details as I simply do not know and I am not a Sony employee.

However I have escalated this thread to Sony Support for them to contact you back.  Please ensure that your contact details are correct in your profile settings.

Also, I do not understand this: "We cant use PC or laptop because this TV has its own browser. " - having a web browser built in the TV does not prevent you from connecting a PC/Laptop to the TV.

Cheers