Join now - be part of our community!

Rubbish customer service

Csymes
Explorer

Rubbish customer service

I have been a loyal customer of Sony for several years & have purchased several items from their Exeter store. Just over 2 years ago we purchased a 40" Brava tv which suddenly develeoped a fault last Sepetember. The screen went blue & although you can still see the picture through it there also seems to be splodges of pink & yellow floating around the screen as well - alsmost as if paint has been thrown at the screen.

We contacted Sony support & was advised to download a fix which we tried several times over the following week but to no avail. We requested an engineer to come out & they said that this will be arranged & that someone would be in contact shortly. We left it for a few days & then contacted Sony support again & was advised that our "case" had now been escalated & that we would be contacted soon. The same thing happened didnt hear anything for a week so contacted them again & was again told that the "case" had been escalated again - at the end of October after really losing our rag over this Sony told us to contact their engineers Pacifica directly which i did & was told that the case had been cancelled on 14th October!!!!  Obviously we had been lied to as the moment i gave Pacifica our case number we were told of its cancellation. The chap i spoke to then gave me another number to ring to contact the engineers directly ourselves - this number was for the wrong region... they didnt cover my area! They promised that they would contact Sony themselves & that i would hear from either them or Sony within a couple of days - the following week I still hadnt heard anything so contacted Sony yet again & was told "your case has been escalated" it is now 25th November - this is absolutely disgusting customer service - if anyone is reading this before purcashing from them i advise them NOT to buy from Sony as their guarantees & extended warrentys are not worth the paper they have been written on.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Csymes,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

Have asked one of our contacts within Sony to investigate your case, if we get any information we will post it in this thread..

Could you ensure your contact details in your Community profile is upto date as they may need to contact your direct..

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Csymes

I understand that somebody has been in contact & that they are trying to assist you with your problem, if this is not the case please could you let us know..