Join now - be part of our community!

S-Force Front Surround and PRO difference

profile.country.GB.title
andyodell
Explorer

S-Force Front Surround and PRO difference

I am looking at Sound Bars to go with a 40EX503. This is kind of a TV question as I think it would rely on the output from the TV?...

The TV has "S-Force Front Surround - Dolby® Digital Plus" but I notice that the HT-CT260 Sound Bar has S-Force Front Surround PRO. What is the "Pro" here. Would this not work well with the TV as it wont support it?

Would a better option be the HT-CT60 which has just "Virtual Surround"

Im not overly looking for a surround experience but would just like to know the difference between these.  The CT60 doesnt to me seem like a massive improvment on the TV speakers where as the CT260 does.

Thanks

33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there

I have no idea on that one, but by the looks of all the positive comments, its seems alright.  You can only go by that sometimes.

Hopefully that may resolve your problem

Cheers.

profile.country.GB.title
andyodell
Explorer

Thanks.  That is true.  They dont cost much so worth trying to just try them out I guess at least. Can you tell me how flexible the ones you recomended are.  They look a little stiff?

Playing with the TiVo Dolby Digital or Dolby Digital to PCM setting now.  It says to choose Dolby Digital if the reciever decodes this (which I guess it does) however this comes out at a much lower volume so I have now chosen PCM.

I dont think I am missing anything on this going into a 2.1 system.

Might need to go on a cable forum to find this out.  Someone might have the same kind of set up.

Thanks again for keeping up with my questions!

Andy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's the interesting question.  How does one describe the flexibility of a cable without demonstating :slight_smile:  umm, I guess they are a little stiff, and will not do a 90degree bend.  But flexible enought to hook round to connect things up.

No problems by the way.  I just hope it all makes sense !

profile.country.GB.title
andyodell
Explorer

That makes sense yes.

The TV has 4 HDMI ports 2 on the back and 2 on the side, the TV is sitting on a custom made shelf which has some space where all the cables are bundled up in the corner coming up from the equipment under the shelf, some need a little bit of a tug and stretch!  The amount of cables mounts up! (still waiting for wireless tech :slight_smile: ) so flex enough as the standard cables is good.

My current cables are a little short which probably isnt helping.

edit: added

The cables you recomended looked more gloosy/plasticy is that correct or is it just the image?