Join now - be part of our community!

Selective HDMI Soundbar Output

SOLVED
Woktolivelife

Selective HDMI Soundbar Output

I don't think it is possible but maybe some more knowledgeable could chip in I have my sound bar connected by HDMI to the arc input on the TV . bluray player going into the sound-bar via HDMI sound outputs ok control similar to using an optical cable ie when I want to use the soundbar not all the time just when I have a movie in the bluray player I disable the TV SOUND and switch on the sound bar if I enable HDMI control is it an all or nothing set up ie by default I switch on the TV and the soundbar kicks in there isn't settings available to just turn on when the bluray player switches on

Cheers
Steve
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

since you pass the audio from bluray directly to the soundbar, if you just  select the output from tv to the internal speaker leaving all the other setting as-is it should work (output from TV to internal speaker and audio from BD through soundbar. If not the only option that surely work is to manually turn off the soundbar whenever you don't want to use it....

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

since you pass the audio from bluray directly to the soundbar, if you just  select the output from tv to the internal speaker leaving all the other setting as-is it should work (output from TV to internal speaker and audio from BD through soundbar. If not the only option that surely work is to manually turn off the soundbar whenever you don't want to use it....