Join now - be part of our community!

Sharpness issues.

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
alex30

Sharpness issues.

Hi,

Since buying my KDL 55W829 I have had some difficulty deciding on the best settings for sharpness. I like images to be crisp but not forced and stressed. In the end I settled for Sharpness at 50, Reality Creation off,Edge Enhancer off and Detail Enhancer on low.

This seems to work well for HD content (but I'm open to suggestions) but lower resolution content could do with a little more help.

My first question is, does setting Reality Creation to off also turn off the Reality Pro engine ?

Second question is , does any one have good settings for SD content and is there a way to apply them just to SD channels ?

Regards Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

AFAK yes, turning off Reality Creation turns off the Reality pro engine. I've seen that you can tune between noise and sharpness by yourself in order to setup the best effect for you, but I'm not able to give you detailed info on that. I'm not sure if the Tv has different profile for HD and SD channels on DVBT but you can manually choose to change scene when watching one or the other (i.e. generic for SD and cinema for HD).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

AFAK yes, turning off Reality Creation turns off the Reality pro engine. I've seen that you can tune between noise and sharpness by yourself in order to setup the best effect for you, but I'm not able to give you detailed info on that. I'm not sure if the Tv has different profile for HD and SD channels on DVBT but you can manually choose to change scene when watching one or the other (i.e. generic for SD and cinema for HD).

profile.country.GB.title
alex30

Hi Rooobb,

Thanks for the info.

Sorry I didn't get back sooner but I didn't receive the customary email.

Regards Alex.