Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-26EX302: Loss of sound due to Google Chromecast

Edubya
New

KDL-26EX302: Loss of sound due to Google Chromecast

I have a Sony KDL-26EX302 Television which is out of warranty.

In August 2013 I got a Google Chromecast which worked fine however, about a month after I initially started using it I left it plugged in and powered overnight. The next time I switched my TV on I had got the start up sound but I had a loss of sound when viewing TV or other media, which was eventually rectified by performing a Firmware update to M8.728. 

This past weekend I encountered the same issue again however, when attempting to reinstall the firmware I found that SONY TV's do not allow the reinstallation of existing firmware, nor is there an option to downgrade Firmware so that I may run the update again to restore the sound.

When contacting SONY support they advised me that I would need to visit a service centre which I am reluctant to do as I am convinced I would end up spending over £100 for something I should realistically be able to perfom myself; I was quoted £60 to look at the set and £50 to update firmware last year, before I updated it myself.

Has anyone else encountered this problem or do you know of any workaorounds, etc., that will enable me to install the firmware again?

0 REPLIES 0