Join now - be part of our community!

should i buy a kdl32ex403. i want bbc iplayer to work

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
flugeljude
Visitor

should i buy a kdl32ex403. i want bbc iplayer to work

can you plse give the up to date situation re. this tv and bbc i player. i have a TV on hold at sainsbury but with all the problems ive read im worried i wont be able to get iplayer to work. wired internet would be awkward but i wont mind buying a dongle as we have both wired and wireless at home. Can anyone advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
flugeljude
Visitor

Thanks for all the help , it worked first time.

Regards

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Catmambo
Contributor

No problems running iPlayer on this set. I've  set about 4 of these models up so far with various freinds/relatives, indeed did one up at the weekend and it was super easy.I would simply download the firmware onto USB stick rather than waiting for te auto update feature to kick into action.

Remeber that we sell thousands of TV's every week and only a fraction of people come through with issues and then can be down to any number of reasons, be it finger trouble or misunderstanding the instructions etc. You always hear about the minority of people who have issues rather than the vast majority who don't :smileyhappy:.

I would also consider homeplugs as well as the Sony wifi dongle depending on how far your router is from your TV and how thick your walls are.

Please post back if you have any problems..

Thanks

flugeljude
Visitor

thankyou for your reply, I will go down to sainsburys and spend my nectar points!, Regarding homeplugs, can you clarify what this is?

thanks. Judy

Catmambo
Contributor

Homeplugs or Powerline connectors send your Internet connection over your home electricity network.

Can highly recommend these ones - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Comtrend-Powerline-ethernet-adapter-Filter/dp/B001M06Y0M Good price and you don't loose an electricty socket either... I use them myself.

Thanks

Bernie-the-Bolt

Hi Jude

As Catmambo says (and he's 'the man') homeplugs are very good. I have the 37EX503 (same software). Plug one homeplug into a power socket by your router/hub. At the router/hub end connect a data cable (get a starter kit, two cables should be supplied with two homeplugs) betwen router and homeplug. At the TV end plug a homeplug into a spare power socket by the TV and connect the data cable between this and into the TV data port. The two homeplugs should find each other and enjoy iplayer, youtube, etc. on the TV

Regards

ps Do not plug homeplugs into power leads as this degredates the data signal and they may not work.

flugeljude
Visitor

Thanks very much guys, bought recommended home plugs , delivered this morning, just about to start by getting latest firmware.

Regards

flugeljude
Visitor

Thanks for all the help , it worked first time.

Regards