Join now - be part of our community!

Smart Internet failure

chcandl50
Explorer

Smart Internet failure

I have a KDL 32W653A Smart tv.  It is connected to the interenet via Netgear Powerline and the latest Talk Talk router.  Up to now all has been fine but one evening it just lost connection.    A test with the TV line on a laptop reveals a strong connection but the tv states there is no connection.  Trawling thro the net for answers reveals a host of similar complaints but no answers.   The TV IP starts with 169 which some state is a fault and attempts to reset with the original  192.168.1.1 etc meets with similar failure.   Any one anyideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The 192.168.... addresses are a standard people use for internal IP addresses over your home LAN.  192.168.1.1 is probably your routers IP address.  The 169... 'may' be your ISPs IP Address?? 

What I suggest firstly doing is probably starting from scratch really:

1. Ensure that you have the latest firmware installed on the TV - instructions : HERE
  2. If and once you have the latest firmware, perform a factory reset - instructions : HERE
  3. Ensure that the powerline adapters are 'paired' properly too.

Now, if that doesnt work, you can try setting up the network connection on the TV itself manually. Instructions : HERE - however in step 6, instead of AUTO, choose MANUAL instead.  More than likely your settings will be something like:

IP Address = 192.168.1.XXX (replace XXX with say 50)

Subnet Mask = 255.255.255.0

DNS / Gateway = 192.168.1.1

Give that a go anyhow

Cheers

chcandl50
Explorer

Thanks for all the suggestions.   I tried all the info you gave and still got 'not connected'.Without a connection ideas 1 and 2 were a problem. I put in all the manual info but.no good.   I knew that the tv was connected but it refused to acknowledge.     I gave up and a week later whilst watching, the thing reconnected itself!.   Machines dont do that but......?..    I try to be nice to it now and not shout at the programmes in case it happens again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there

Thanks for posting back.  So I guess you will be nice to the TV on the hopes its nice to you then - and not the principle of "treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen" :grin:

Im glad it's working now.

Cheers